NOTE: go2HR currently has a full slate of External Auditors, and is not accepting new applications at this time. Please contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team if you would like to be added to the waitlist.
While trained and certified by go2HR, External Auditors are independent consultants selected and paid for by the companies requesting their services. Please note that the Auditor Code of Ethics in our Policies and Procedures manual prohibits a safety consultant who helps develop a company’s safety program from acting as its External Auditor.
go2HR’s External Auditors must complete a five-day training program. Each External Auditor is required to complete a Student Audit following the classroom training to become certified.
COR External Auditor Training Prerequisites:
- Minimum three years of experience managing and/or auditing management systems
- Occupational health & safety (OHS) experience and/or training; CRSP or CHSC designation an asset
- Hospitality/tourism experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of experience, training and formal education
- Professional references from previously audited clients
Consultants and safety professionals who are interested in becoming a go2HR-certified External Auditor should contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team.