COVID-19 Industry Sector Best Practice Guides and Protocols
Industry Sector Best Practice Guides:
Various industry sector best practice guides have been created, to help tourism and hospitality businesses navigate and manage the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Many of these guides have been developed through collaboration with a range of key stakeholders and industry partners, including go2HR. The guides contain detailed information to help you develop a robust COVID-19 safety plan, reflective of the general risks and controls that are common to the sector. You may find it helpful to refer to more than one guide, particularly if your business has a varied offering, such as a hotel with an on-site restaurant.
- Allied Golf Association of BC – Best Practices Manual for BC Golf Operations Amidst COVID-19
- BC Craft Beer – Reopening Tasting Rooms & Hospitality Recommendations
- BC Horse Council – Guidelines for the BC Equestrian Community
- BC Hotel Association – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- BC Lodging & Campground Association – COVID-19 Operator Guidance
- BC Museums Association – Reopening Guidelines for BC Museums, Galleries & Cultural Organizations
- BC Rivers Outfitters Association – COVID-19 Best Practices For Commercial River Rafting Operation
- BC Trucking Association – Best Practices for Motor Coach Operators for the Safe Transportation of Passengers
- BC Wine Institute – Winery and Hospitality Best Practices
- Interior Health Authority – Guideline for Swimming Pools
- Restaurants Canada – COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Guide
- Ski Area Operating Best Practices Winter 2020-2021
- Sport Fishing – BC Tidal Waters Charter, Guide and Lodge Operations
If there isn’t a best practice guide for your sector, please refer to go2HR’s Tourism and Hospitality COVID-19 Best Practice Guide.
WorkSafeBC Industry Protocols:
WorkSafeBC has developed a range of industry protocols, which contain guidance on the key considerations with regard to controlling the risk of COVID-19 transmission in different industries. These are designed to be used in conjunction with the industry sector best practice guides. You may find it helpful to refer to multiple protocols, depending on the nature of your business. We have provided links to the tourism and hospitality focused protocols, below.
- Arts and Culture
- Gyms and Fitness Centres
- Parks, Camping, and Tourism
- Restaurants, Cafés, and Pubs
- Sports and Recreation
Provincial Health Officer Orders, Notices and Guidance:
All employers must continue to follow the orders, notices, and guidance from the provincial health officer and the BC Centre for Disease Control, as well as any specific guidance issued by your local health authority. Updates are issued regularly so businesses should check for changes that may apply to their particular operation. These changes could impact your existing COVID-19 controls and require you to update your existing safety plan.
Once you have reviewed the best practice guide, protocol and any orders, notices and guidance that may apply to your business, visit our Review and Refresh your COVID-19 Safety Plan page for more information on updating your existing COVID-19 safety plan.