BC’s four-season destination
Relax while working in BC’s four-season destination.
The Thompson Okanagan region is located in Southern BC, and spans from the highest mountain peak in the Canadian Rockies, through plentiful orchards and brilliant vineyards, down to Canada’s only true desert, connecting with the USA border. From beach bum to ski bum, the Thompson Okanagan region is BC’s four-season destination.
Work in BC’s four-season destination where you can:
- Create a memorable experience serving a variety of local wines.
- Welcome guests to a relaxing lakefront or golf resort.
- Develop lasting friendships working at an exciting ski resort.
- Work on your tan while leading boat tours, parasailing rides, or epic zip-lining adventures.
- From farm to table, prepare authentic meals with BC’s freshest ingredients at four diamond restaurants.
Are you a new grad or young worker? Hear other young people’s experiences working in the industry and access this youth career guide to get started on your career path! Learn more
If you’re a baby boomer looking to work in the region, we’ve put together a boomers career guide and other tools to help you get hired. Learn more
Regional Accommodation Options
Looking for accommodation options this summer? Local post-secondary schools such as UBCO, Okanagan College and Thompson Rivers University may provide some options. Contact them directly for more information.
Another option is through Happipad, a rental assistance service that may help you find affordable accommodations in the Okanagan.
The Thompson Okanagan region rivals California’s Napa Valley and Australia’s Clare Valley for its world-class wineries and warmer temperatures. Scattered with smaller communities, the region provides many opportunities for remote, outback adventures. Unlike the rest of BC, the Thompson Okanagan region has hot summers and mild winters, creating the perfect atmosphere for relaxing in the sun and playing in the winter.
Tourism Employees in the News
- Okanagan College helps local wine industry professionals
- New top chef at Kelowna’s Grand Okanagan Resort
Learn more about moving to, living and working in specific places in the Thompson Okanagan region by visiting the pages below.
- About the Thompson Okanagan Region
- Lake Country – Central Okanagan Valley
- How does the Okanagan Compare?
- Make West Kelowna Your Home
- District of Peachland
- Shuswap Tourism
- Living in Salmon Arm
- Moving to Vernon
- Living in Kamloops
- District of Clearwater
- Village of Valemount
- Village of Keremeos
- City of Merritt
- Town of Princeton
- Moving to Penticton
- Relocate to Osoyoos
- Osoyoos Job Listings
- Grand Forks – Lifestyle
- Visit Thompson Okanagan
- Route 97 – Explore North America’s longest continuous north-south highway
- BC Transit – Transit information for your community
- Child Care in British Columbia