|Date:||December 1, 2020|
|Time:||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
How do we attract and retain Indigenous people in tourism? Learn of Indigenous tourism labour research results, and provide ideas.
In these sessions you will learn of the research finding, provide comment on this research, and share ideas on how Indigenous tourism operators and people can succeed in working and building careers in Indigenous tourism leading up to the development of the first BC Indigenous Touirsm Labour Strategy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Indigenous Tourism - operators, employees, students & youth
- Indigenous Nations - Bands & tribal councils - economic & business development officers, employment, education
- Indigenous Agencies - business & financial institutes, Indigenous Skills Employment & Training
- Tourism Industry - DMOs, Industry Sectors
- Training and Education – post-secondary schools, government agencies
#3 - Indigenous Tourism Labour Smart Practices
Hear from industry panel experts on how to attract, retain and train Indigenous people, and lessons learned, including succession planning for employers and operators.
- Panel – tbc
- Q&A session to follow
- Moderators: Beverley O’Neil & Brian Payer