BC’s Restart – a four-step plan to bring B.C. back together – was announced on May 25. There will be a slow and gradual return to a more normal life, with safety and health protocols such as mask wearing and physical distancing remaining in place and mandatory during the initial two steps of the plan.
The four-step plan was designed based on data and guidance from the BC Centre for Disease Control and Dr. Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer. Progressing through the steps will be measured by the number of adults vaccinated, current case counts and hospitalizations, taking into account clusters and outbreaks.
While there are approximate dates for each of the steps, the plan will be guided by data and will not proceed to the next step until it is safe to do so based on guidance from public health. For more information on BC’s Restart, click here.
BC is currently in Step 1 (from May 25)
The following activities are included in step 1:
- Indoor dining for groups of up to six people (not restricted to your household or bubble)
- Liquor service until 10pm
- Recreational travel within your travel region is allowed
- Organized indoor (seated) gatherings, such as weddings or funerals, of up to 10 people with a COVID-19 safety plan
- Organized outdoor (seated) gatherings, such as weddings or funerals, of up to 50 people with a COVID-19 safety plan
Update your COVID-19 Safety Plan to reflect Step 1 of BC’s Restart Plan
The easing of some restrictions is great news for BC’s tourism and hospitality industry. However, this means that businesses should review and update their COVID-19 safety plans and incorporate the changes in each step of BC’s Restart into their plans. It’s really important to maintain a current COVID-19 safety plan in order to continue protecting workers and guests during each stage of BC’s four-step Restart Plan.
GO2HR’S HEALTH AND SAFETY EXPERTS CAN HELP YOU
Our team of health and safety experts will review your COVID-19 safety plan and provide recommendations and targeted feedback to help ensure ongoing compliance with the latest re-start step, in line with BC’s Restart Plan.
To register for this complimentary service, click here.
We’ve been able to help a large variety of businesses, both large and small, in a wide array of sectors throughout the province. We have put together an infographic, to highlight some of the work we have done so far and the key trends that we are noticing.
If you don’t currently have a documented plan, download go2HR’s COVID-19 safety plan template, which includes handy tips, relevant resource links and space to record the specifics of your plan
Here are some useful links to support you in reviewing and updating your COVID-19 safety plan:
- Provincial Health Officer (PHO) province-wide restrictions
- Latest Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders
Specific guidance for:
Other important information and updates:
- Controlling exposure – information about applying appropriate controls in the workplace, including considerations in the use of masks
- Mandatory masks
- Worker health checks
- Revised entry check poster for workers
- Revised entry check poster for visitors
- More COVID-19 health and safety resources
- COVID-19 FAQs
- WorkSafeBC- Five Steps to Developing and Managing your COVID-19 Safety Plan
- WorkSafeBC- Reviewing and Updating your COVID-19 Safety Plan