Full time, year round position
Hours Per Week: 30 – 40 (weather and guest visit dependent)
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience.
Our 3rd Cooks work in all food outlets of the Summit Lodge Food Service to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes. Our open line allows our cooks to engage with our guests and suggestively sell food and beverage products. All Kitchen Team Members help ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
All team members at the Sea to Sky Gondola are expect to abide by and follow company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Set up and work within a section under direct supervision
· Prepare all food items as per standard recipes and presentation
· Keep station up to sanitation and safety standards as well as set up with mise en place
· Ensure that all equipment is in working order and well maintained
· Have knowledge of all food products used on station to ensure accuracy in communication with guests about our food products
· Handle and store all food products properly including rotation and labeling
· Produce all food for banquet functions
· All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 1 year high volume cooking experience
· Food Safe certification
· Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guests and team members
· Training in safety and sanitation
· The ability to present well, keep food station clean and stocked throughout service
· Proven ability to multi task with strong organizational skills
· Team player, willing to cross-train and help as needed in all areas of F&B
· Physically able to work long hours
· Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
· Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 required
· Criminal record check required
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Accommodation may be available, with single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.APPLY NOW! • 3RD COOK • Sea to Sky Gondola Limited Partnership
Post Date: October 13, 2021
36800 Highway 99
Our belief in the future of the Sea to Sky region, access to formerly inaccessible terrain and spectacular scenery creates what we believe is a world-class attraction.
Squamish is home to many outstanding natural attractions that people from all over the world come to visit every year. Howe Sound fjord, the Stawamus Chief, the high coastal alpine mountains and Shannon Falls have all made the Sea-to-Sky Highway one of the most spectacular scenic drives in all of North America and the world. While visually dramatic, some of these features remain inaccessible for many of the visitors to the area. The Sea to Sky Gondola links these elements into one unique recreational experience; a true sea-to-sky experience!