Are you looking to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? Do you enjoy working with a close team of supportive professionals? Do you want to commit to an organization with an outstanding record for safety and reliability? Are you searching for an employer who provides amazing perks and works hard to provide a work-life balance for their employees? If so, look no further!!
Harbour Air is seeking two Full Time Permanent Air Flight Specialist’s to join the Flight Operations team. Harbour Air is an award-winning organization with an outstanding record for safety, service, and reliability, with a proven track record of providing amazing perks and a good work-life balance for its employees. Guided by integrity and commitment to Harbour Air’s four core values – safety, innovation, customer service and team spirit – you will work in the exciting and fast-paced Flight Operations department, assisting in all aspects of flight following, charter booking, flight scheduling and more. Your ability to stay calm under pressure, your superior communication skills and your professionalism will make you an invaluable addition our team.
WORK HOURS: Shifts will vary based on operational needs. Shifts will include working weekends.
LOCATION: 4760 Inglis Drive, Richmond (YVR)
TERM: Full Time Permanent (Two positions available)
DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Competitive wage, flight perks (including confirmed flights, buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships), extended health benefits, discounts at local restaurants and partner organizations, staff events and much more!
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Follow flights in accordance with Harbour Air policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Identify, anticipate, and proactively take corrective action to minimize delays due to weather, scheduling issues, operational challenges, crew legality, and maintenance issues.
• Book and process charters, email and phone correspondence with guests and tour operators
• Liaise with the Aerospace department to schedule aircraft maintenance and other functions.
• Liaise with Reservations as well as the Flight Analysis Manager to create additional revenue flights as needed
• Monitor weather conditions, relay information to the company across various channels.
• Assist the Scheduler and Dispatcher with scheduling training/positioning flights
• Meet and exceed safety and service standards.
• Monitor flight and duty times to comply with regulations.
• Other duties as required.
• Commitment to safety and the willingness to take service to a higher level.
• The ability and desire to work in a close-knit, team-based environment.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to execute at a high level with minimal supervision.
• Superior communication skills and driven to be an effective member of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Experience in the aviation industry and technical knowledge of aircraft an asset.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge and experience working in a Windows based platform.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Geographical knowledge of the south coast an asset.
• Dispatching license and/or dispatch experience an asset.
• Industry Canada Restricted Operator Radio Certificate an asset.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 22-62
DEADLINE: October 1, 2022
Harbour Air is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and
value a diverse workforce. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture
that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and communities
Harbour Air is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work
environment. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are
available upon request. If you
require any accommodation, please email email@example.com and we’ll work with you to meet your
APPLY NOW! • AIR FLIGHT SPECIALIST • Harbour Air Seaplanes
Post Date: September 16, 2022 Deadline for Application: October 1, 2022
4760 Inglis Drive
Founded in 1982 with two small seaplanes, Harbour Air is North America’s largest and first fully carbon neutral airline. The company’s international seaplane service, which originally began as a service for the forestry industry in B.C., is now a quintessential west coast experience. With a showcase fleet of more than 40 aircraft, Harbour Air offers up to 200 daily scheduled flights, scenic tours, adventure packages and private flights, as well as aircraft maintenance. With 12 scheduled destinations connecting downtown Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle (WA), Nanaimo, Tofino, Whistler, South Vancouver (YVR), Sechelt, Salt Spring Island, Pitt Meadows, Maple Bay and Comox, B.C., Harbour Air welcomes 450,000 passengers every year. The Harbour Air Group is also an award winning company and has consistently been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies.