You will work closely with our Maintenance and Mountain Operations teams to use your knowledge and experience as an Apprentice Millwright. If you enjoy getting your hands dirty, working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and love the mountain lifestyle, this job is for you!
· Be an advocate for health and safety, ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical or hydraulic problems with associated equipment.
· Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment or processes.
· Adhere to assembly and installation instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
· Be actively involved in preventative and required maintenance of all lifts and lift maintenance equipment.
· Maintain records of work and report on all lift maintenance related activities.
· Assist with training Lift Operators to safely operate the lifts and perform routine checks.
· Assist other departments with general maintenance needs when required.
· Adhere to provincial and national standards and legislation including, the Z98 Code and manufacturer’s specifications.
· Assistance with vehicle maintenance as required.
· Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· A competitive wage with extended health benefits.
· Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
· Are a minimum 2nd Year Apprentice Millwright.
· Hold a valid class 5 driver’s license and are comfortable operating ATV’s and snowmobiles.
· Possess industry experience along with lift maintenance experience, including shutdowns and lift installation/infrastructure – an asset.
· Are reliable and have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
· Are an intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder.
· Have a working knowledge of hydraulics and machining.
· Are proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer systems and applications.
· Own all the required tools to perform the job.
· Possess a welding ticket – an asset.
· Possess a valid first aid and/or CPR certification – an asset.
· Have worked within the Resort industry – an asset.
· Are familiar with Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and the terrain – an asset.
· Are physically capable of performing manual labor, lifting up to 50 pounds, working at heights, standing for prolonged periods, walking over rough terrain and working in all outdoor conditions.
Click Apply Now!APPLY NOW! • APPRENTICE MILLWRIGHT • Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Post Date: June 8, 2022 Deadline for Application: August 31, 2022
PO Box 839, 1500 Kicking Horse Trail
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is a four season destination resort located only 15 kms outside of beautiful Golden, BC.