Listel Hospitality Group, located at 1300 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6E 1C5, is hiring for an Assistant Front Office Manager at its Whistler location, The Listel Hotel Whistler.
The Assistant Front Office Manager supports the Front Office Manager by inspiring our front office team to deliver great guest service.
· Assisting the Front Office Manager in all aspects of Front Office operations
· Ensuring that all front-of-house staff provide excellent guest service that meets or exceeds the standards and policies of the hotel.
· In collaboration with Front Office Manager, creating and entering schedules in for employees
· Motivating Front Office staff members to achieve consistently superior guest service, including training, coaching, and performance reviews
· Acting as Front Office Manager of the Hotel while on shift and handle any guest satisfaction concerns that arise.
· Liaising with Front Office and senior management where required, regarding guest satisfaction concerns.
· Liaising with the Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments to ensure outstanding guest satisfaction.
· Understanding functions of all Front Office systems, IE: Maestro PMS software, CASH, Saflok Key Card System, etc.
· Understanding and assisting with all Front Office positions including guest agent, bell person and reservations when required
· Assisting with inventory management and reporting
· Updating all Front Office procedural manuals on a regular basis
· Assisting with ensuring both Group and IT reservations are properly entered and maintained.
· Ensuring all Reservations procedures are consistently followed.
· Working with Front Office Manager to ensure that budgeted revenues are attained and costs are controlled.
· Assisting in ensuring revenue management goals, as well as rate and occupancy goals are set and communicated to staff
· Assisting with inventory management and reporting as required.
· Facilitating commission payments and respond to all Travel Agent inquiries regarding commission payments.
· Assisting the Credit Manager in dealing with guest billing concerns
· Maintaining Front Office supplies and conducting regular inventory of Front Office related items, and re-order items when necessary.
· Maintain regular effective communication within the Front Office Department as well as with other Department Heads
· Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned periodically
· Extended health, vision and dental coverage available after 6 months employment.
· Employment Assistant Program.
· RRSP Matching.
· The position requires the ability to communicate in an English speaking environment
· The position requires shift work, weekends and possible over time where required
· Ability to lift/carry up to 45 lbs
· Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
· Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Permanent, Full time (40 hours per week)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in accommodation industry;
· Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in accommodation industry;
· Certificate or Diploma in hotel management or related discipline;
· Ability to communicate effectively in English;
· Excellent time management skills
· Proven ability to lead a team successfully
· Thrives under pressure and deadlines
· Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills
· Highly reliable and responsible
· Strong Interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
· Self-motivated and goal driven
· Organized and task oriented
· Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER • The Listel Hotel Whistler
Post Date: January 9, 2023
4121 Village Green
Unparalleled comfort in the heart of world renowned Whistler Village.
Our goal is to provide you with the finest in hospitality, to make your stay in Whistler more relaxing and memorable. From our graciously appointed rooms and suites to our convenient village location and personal, friendly service. The Listel Hotel Whistler is the perfect choice for the whole family, or for conference delegates. Remember, we put your comfort first. The hotel's central location is just a short walk from world class shopping dining and entertainment. When you are done skiing or enjoying Whistler's activities, you will enjoy our guest facilities. For dinner, enjoy the award-winning Bear Foot Bistro Restaurant and "The Wine Bar". High speed internet connections also available. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest.