Reporting to the Catering and Convention Manger, this key role is responsible and accountable for the planning, supervision and execution of all catered events from start to finish. The Banquet Manager is responsible for schedules and labor, cleanliness and organization of the banquet and storage rooms and execution of events as outlined by the detailed BEO.
1. Develop, implement, execute and monitor performance standards, guidelines and objectives for all positions and for all aspects of service delivery, event setup to include breakfast, coffee breaks, and lunch, dinner and meeting events in accordance of each BEO.
2. Analyze operational efficiency; develop, build support for and implement initiatives that align with the Company’s strategies and lead to positive business results.
3. Uses creativity to ensure service is at its best, innovatively searching for new ways to deliver exceptional service & create memorable events. The Banquet Manager leads by example, in accordance with the Coast Hotel Standards.
4. Monitor the financial performance through on-going review of expenses, labor and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts..
5. Partner with GM, HR and the leadership team to create a positive and energized work environment.
6. Analyze and mitigate risk by proactively monitoring internal and external threats to all aspects of the business.
7. Conduct walk-throughs, audits and quality checks in front and back of house to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact and for all meal periods.
8. Provide training and development to all banquet staff to ensure that daily activities are planned, organized, appropriately delegated and executed.
9. Address and respond to guest comments, requests and concerns as required.
10. Oversee the procurement of supplies and equipment and regularly review inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
11. Develop and ensure compliance with the company’s safety and security program; Ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines. Ensures all banquet staff are fully trained in Fire. Life, and Safety procedures
12. Ensures customer service is maximized through excellent hotel communication. Facilitate pre-service meetings. Delegate tasks efficiently. Coordinate with other hotel departments. Schedule banquet staff and ensure service for all functions is ready within established times. Ensure all banquet staff are properly attired & familiar with scheduled functions.
13. Meet clients & monitor events on function day.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School diploma required; Diploma or Bachelor degree in Hotel or Food and Beverage Management an asset; minimum 5 years management experience in hotel Catering department.
Skills and Abilities
• Superior communication skills including the ability to establish rapport and credibility, and effectively influence customer outcomes and resolutions
• Safe food handling, first aid and service training are assets. Serving It Right and FOODSAFE may be required
• Ability to work with others in a fast paced customer-service oriented environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to effectively use business software including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps or familiar with catering software systems
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as business dictates
Post Date: August 1, 2022 Deadline for Application: September 1, 2022
1665 56th Street
Century Group owns and operates the Coast Tsawwassen Inn and Browns Socialhouse both located in Tsawwassen. As well as the Civic Hotel, and Dominion Bar + Kitchen located in Surrey.