Job Title: Bartender and Concessions
Employee Status: Casual Part-time, including evenings & weekends
Reporting to: Event Supervisor or Operations Manager
Liaises with: Rental clients, patrons
The ACT Arts Centre (The ACT), located in the community of Maple Ridge and part of the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD), is the leading provider of engaging, vibrant and excellent Arts Programs, Gallery Exhibitions and Performing Arts Presentations for the growing communities of the region. Opened in 2003, the 486-seat theatre, studio theatre and instruction studios are home to many cultural and community events, delivering an impressive array of diverse arts and cultural programming and activities to over 80,000 patrons annually.
Bartending staff are part of the hospitality team for Front-of-House activities and events at The ACT Centre Theatres. Bartenders prepare and serve mixed drinks, beer, wine and RTD beverages as well as concessions before, and during shows and during intermissions by providing fast, friendly, professional, and responsive customer service.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
· Experience working in the Food & Beverage industry with alcohol service
· Excellent written and verbal English language skills required; other languages are an asset
· Solid product knowledge of bar food and beverages
· Good judgment and the ability to handle high stress situations with professional, polite and calm demeanor
· Highly organized team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with theatre users, volunteers, other employees and patrons
· Flexibility in the work schedule is required
· Bartenders MUST be at least 19 years of age.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
· Secondary diploma
· Serving it Right Certification. Certificate in mixology would be considered an asset.
· Food Safe (preferred)
· Criminal record check with vulnerable sector
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Bartender ” to email@example.com.
Three professional references will be required of the successful candidate.
No phone calls please – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
We wish to thank all those who apply. Please view our website for future job postings.
The Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Arts Council and ACT Arts Centre is committed to upholding the values of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our visual arts, performing, learning, volunteering, and work environments. We welcome applicants who will work respectfully and constructively with differences among a broad spectrum of employees and members of the community.
APPLY NOW! • BARTENDER AND CONCESSIONS • The ACT Arts Centre/Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council
Post Date: January 12, 2023
11944 Haney Place
The ACT Arts Centre, centered in the heart of the growing community of Maple Ridge, is part of the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) and is the leading provider of engaging, vibrant and excellent Arts Learning Programs, Gallery Exhibitions and professional and community Performing Arts Presentations for the growing communities of the region. Opened in 2003, the Centre's 486-seat Mainstage Theatre, Studio Theatre, Art Gallery and classroom studios are home to many cultural and community events, delivering an array of diverse cultural programming and activities to over 80,000 patrons annually.