Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the campsite and boat launch facilities at the Kilby Park, including customer relations.
Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Kilby Park campground, boat launch and day use area according to established rules and regulations.
o Providing leadership and direction to 2 to 4 park staff, including summer students and volunteers.
o Maintaining Park compliance & security by ensuring campground areas are patrolled and guests are abiding by the campground and park usage guidelines.
o Responsible for all Park maintenance: ensuring clean and maintained campsites, picnic tables, fire pits and washroom facilities which includes restocking of supplies and logging repairs required. The Park Use Permit, issued by BC Parks, ensures a level of quality services and that park facilities are maintained to their standards in all Operating Areas.
o Recording and reviewing all incident reports and communicating to Gatehouse Attendant for managing guest records.
o Ensures the safe use of all machinery and equipment
o Providing information to park visitors to make certain they have the best experience possible.
o Responds appropriately to emergencies or customer service issues.
Other Responsibilities include:
· Ensures all payments are collected and processed by Gatehouse. (Maybe Kaleigh)
· Delegate and prioritize tasks and maintenance projects.
· Involved in hiring and upholding the Human Resource policy.
· Maintain a safe and positive work environment
· Establish, develop, update and control operational processes and routines
· Ensure compliance of applicable standards and regulations at the worksite
· Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers & Executive Director
· Ensures site safety protocols are upheld including emergency response; health & safety requirements; employment standards; first aid in accordance of Work Safe BC and best practices of BC Parks.
Abilities & Skills required:
• Ability to follow direction in a responsible manner while observing all safety practices and regulations
• Able to communicate effectively both in oral and written communications
• Able to work independently, and cooperatively in a group situation
• Customer service skills
• Organized & task oriented
• Carpentry, ability to operate maintenance equipment including tractor, chain saw and riding lawn mower
Conditions: 40 hrs. a week, wage to be negotiated, depending on experience
Includes weekend work
Must possess a reliable means of transportation to/from work
Criminal Records Check and Drivers Abstract required
Wage depending on experience $18 to $22/hr
Please email or fax your resume and cover letter, by February 3, 2023 to:
Kilby Historic Site – Harrison Mills, BC
FAX (604) 796-9592 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • CAMPGROUND MANAGER • Kilby Historic Site
Post Date: January 24, 2023 Deadline for Application: February 10, 2023
Kilby Historic Site is a British Columbia provincial historic site located in the eastern Fraser Valley in Harrison Mills. The Fraser Heritage Society is a community based, charitable non-profit organization that operates the historic site and neighbouring Kilby Provincial Park. The heritage site consists of large 1906 General Store and farm; archival collections; educational programming; campground & boat launch; restaurant and gift shop.