Join Our Team!
Reporting to the Park Manager, the Park Patrol is responsible for patrolling the park areas to ensure a safe, clean and compliant park environment for all guests. Duties include monitoring campgrounds and day use areas, ensuring compliance and security by following Park Regulations and responding appropriately, collecting fees, selling firewood and other maintenance/ cleaning duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Seasonal employment starts in March and can continue until late October. Our main busy season is from the May long weekend until Labour Day weekend.
· Evening shifts – ability to work weekends and holidays.
· Full and part – time work is offered. Full – time work is 35 to 40 hours per week.
· Wages range from $18 to $22 per hour.
· Uniform supplied.
WORK LOCATIONS: Victoria, Sooke, Parksville/Qualicum, Port Alberni and Sunshine Coast.
· Parks in Victoria area – Goldstream.
· Parks in Sooke area- French Beach, Juan de Fuca and China Beach.
· Parks in Parksville/Qualicum area: Rathtrevor Beach, Englishman River, Little Qualicum Falls, Horne Lake, Descanso Bay (Gabriola Island) and Nanaimo Parks.
· Parks on Sunshine Coast – Saltery Bay and Inland Parks.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
· Enjoy outdoor work and patrolling campgrounds at night.
· Your communication and public relation skills are excellent and include conflict resolution.
· You are proactive and adept at policy enforcement in a friendly manner.
· Self-motivated and proactive in the workplace with great time management skills.
· Passionate about outdoor recreation and parks systems.
· Able to perform physical activity for an 8-hour shift.
· Ability to record pertinent information and to write reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLICATION:
· Please submit a cover letter with completed application form (www.rlcparks.ca/employment )
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (Drivers Abstract required up hiring)
· Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector required upon hiring)
· Current First Aid Certification (OFA) – an asset
· Provide your own transportation to and from work.
Your office would be in the most amazing setting, a beautiful Provincial or Regional Park! Apply for your dream job today!APPLY NOW! • CAMPGROUND PARK PATROL • RLC Enterprize Ltd
Post Date: March 31, 2023 Deadline for Application: April 30, 2023
2930 Trans Canada Hwy
RLC Enterprize Ltd (now operating as RLC Park Services) is a company with its roots reaching back to the early 80s when a teenager by the name of Rick Carswell took part in work experience at what is now BC Parks, South Vancouver Island District Office. It was such a positive experience for Rick he continued to work for BC Parks in various capacities until 1989 when the privatization of Park Operations revealed an opportunity to bid on the contract for, and take over the operations of, Macdonald Provincial Park. This contract saw the birth of the company, RLC Park Services. From these small beginnings it has grown into a company with over 100 employees responsible for operating approximately 26 parks on Vancouver Island. RLC Park Services is now recognized as one of the leading Park Facility Operators in the Province due to a tireless dedication to not only meeting expected standards but exceeding them. We are conscientious stewards of our parks while providing our park visitors with an unforgettable park experience.