JOB TITLE: Cash Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Front of House
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Manager on duty
Victoria Pub Company owns and operates the Bard & Banker, the Irish Times, and the Penny Farthing/ Vis a Vis Bouchon Bar. We are looking for 2 qualified candidates – One person to work at the Penny Farthing Pub in Oak Bay, and another individual to work part-time at our pubs downtown.
· The ability to follow proper accounting and balancing procedures
· The ability to problem solve and think critically.
· The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing and receiving instruction and encouragement as needed
· The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area
· The ability to ensure the cash is processed and deposited in a timely manner.
· The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by management
· The ability to respect and effectively communicate with the servers, support and bar regarding overage or shortages.
· The ability to problem solve independently when difficult situations may arise and a manager is not readily available
· The ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the set standards of the pub and encourage staff to do the same
Environment: Most of your time with be spent in the office as well as trips to the bank and our Head Office.
Cash Admin Overview
What’s my role?
As a cash person, your role is to reconcile daily cash. This will include:
· Counting and balancing petty cash float at the beginning and the end of your shift.
· Printing reports from our POS terminal.
· Processing and entering server cash outs as outlined.
· Counting bar tills, balancing them to a pre-set float amount
· Entering all information into the appropriate excel sheets.
· Giving a clear explanation for any overage/shortage
· Taking any deposits to the bank and dropping off reports to the office.
· Maintaining a par of change in the petty cash float.
The hours are around 2-4 hours a day and anywhere from 2-5 days a week.
Please send your resume to email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • CASH ADMINISTRATOR • Victoria Pub Company
Post Date: September 2, 2022
Vic Pub Co. is made up of a team of hardworking and loyal people who are committed to giving our guests the highest quality and most consistent experience possible.
Pub culture plays an important role in social life. It is the original social network. The hub of the community where people get together to enjoy great conversation, good humour and to indulge in wholesome food and distinctive beer. Our pubs have a special ambiance and charm, which invite people to relax and be themselves. Most important is our spirit. It is not something that can be put into words, but is something that our guests will feel. It is a mixture of friendly staff, great food, perfect pints, live music and just the right ambiance.
Penny Farthing menu can best be described as modern British “comfort food.” Our goal is to source out the finest ingredients from land and sea, and to present a dining experience you will want to come back for soon. Irish Times offers traditional Irish fare as well as modern pub fare. Our food is made fresh daily using many local and seasonal products. As often as possible, our produce, meat, poultry and fish come from farms and fisheries guided by principles of sustainability. Bard and Banker’s dynamic menu features dishes spanning from classic pub fare favourites, to unique west coast inspirations, and beyond. Sourcing local and sustainable ingredients, and growing our own herbs and microgreens on site, we strive for freshness, quality, and flavour at every turn. Vis-à-vis offers a chance to snack on a charcuterie board or dine on traditional French cuisine. It is the perfect spot for date night.
Each room has a specific selection of local craft brews and import taps along with an extensive whisky list and wine collection. Bard and Banker boasts 30 taps consisting of 15 local craft brews and 15 premium import. Bard has been voted #1 scotch list in the city by Victorians year after year. Winner of the 2018 Wine Spectator Award, The Bard is known for their lavish Wine Cave and extensive selection of hand picked bottles from around the world. Irish Times has an impressive 42 golden taps including 25 local craft brews, 13 premium imports, 4 ciders, and Prosecco. Irish Times has the best Irish Whiskey list in BC, over 30 kinds of Gin and other local and premium distilled products. Penny farthing hosts 38 taps full of 23 local craft brews, including a tap from each of the top 10 breweries in B.C, and 8 premium imports. Penny farthing and Vis-à-vis share an inspiring by the glass wine menu. Vis-à-vis offers signature hand crafted cocktails, 43 table wines, 7 sparklers, a wide selection of sherry and port for endless options.
In any of our rooms you will always find the perfectly poured pint of Guinness.
Live music adds to the ambiance in all of our rooms. Live music can be heard seven night a week at Bard & Banker and Irish Times! Traditional Irish music can be heard between 4pm and 7pm on Friday and Saturday. This allows the family a chance to come down and experience the traditional Irish Pub Craic. A local Jazz duo plays Vis-à-vis every Wednesday where we have specially priced bottles of wine.