Reporting to the Catering Services Manager the banquet server will serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
Shifts: Breakfast shifts (5:30 am start), other shifts may be available as well.
1. Serve food and beverage items
2. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas
3. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen Mary, as provided
4. Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner
5. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens
6. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately
7. Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor
8. Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
9. Assist guests in an informative and helpful way
10. Follow policies, procedures and service standards
11. Have full knowledge of food and beverage related items
12. Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
13. Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned
14. Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints
15. Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment and ensuring proper storage after use
16. Responsible for room setups and tear down
17. Constant standing and walking throughout shift
18. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
19. Occasional kneeling, pushing and pulling
20. This position requires varied shifts availability, including evenings, late night and weekends
Education and Experience
* High school diploma
* Serving it right certificate
* Previous service experience is required
Skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=21a4df129dcded7adb12b43543bd70a4APPLY NOW! • CATERING SERVER (CASUAL) – CIVIC HOTEL – DF115 • Civic Hotel
Post Date: September 21, 2022 Deadline for Application: October 21, 2022
13475 Central Avenue
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of Surrey City Centre.
Civic Hotel opens in Surrey City Centre early 2018. Charmingly social and authentically local, the Civic brilliantly embodies the city’s vision for a sophisticated, welcoming social and business hub.
The Civic delivers a striking message upon arrival – this hotel is comfortable on the cutting edge.
Effortlessly inviting, the mood spills out – to modern rooms, richly comfortable and well-considered, to service rooted in Surrey’s storied history, to the Plaza with its anything’s possible purview and lively local art.
With 144 boutique guest rooms, state-of-the-art conference and meeting space, and varied amenities, this Marriott Autograph Collection hotel is refreshingly cosmopolitan and classy.
The Civic welcomes business within a climate of collaboration; a diverse mosaic of locals and visitors gather to define innovation. Civic is social.
On SkyTrain, and on the Plaza, Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing, interconnected metropolis.