Job Title: Catering Team
Department: Group Sales, Events & Catering
Reports To: Catering Supervisor & Sales & Events Manager
Works with: Directly with Convener of Event/ Kitchen Team and Group Sales
Our Catering team are responsible for a wide variety of duties, including the set up and dismantling of tables, buffets, chairs and audio-visual equipment in the banquet rooms and outdoor areas. It is vital that they respond to Event Convener request and needs in a friendly and professional manor to meet and exceed guest expectations. The Catering team follows the direction of the Catering Supervisor to create a great event environment for our guests. The Catering team will also work with the Kitchen staff to exceed guest expectations. They report directly to the Manager of Sales and Events.
· Treats each guest with respect in delivering top-notch professional service to ensure a Five-Star experience at all times
· Liaises with the convener of each event to ensure their needs are taken care of to the best of our ability
· Knows the different styles of room set-ups as they relate to their specific functionality (eg. corporate seminars, weddings, golf tournaments, etc.)
· Knows how to operate and set up/dismantle banquet equipment and furniture
· Is familiar with audio visual equipment set up and various types of computers ie: PC and Mac functionality to assist guest with AV set up
· Responsible for following up with the guests throughout their experience.
· Is familiar with current menus from preparation to presentation and is able to provide accurate information to guests including all ingredients.
· Will communicate calmly to all kitchen staff to relay guest special requests
· Adheres to all Departmental guidelines and standards as set out by the Food and Beverage Management Team
· Adheres to safety standards and is familiar with Company Policies & Procedures
· Must maintain a professional and welcoming appearance at all times
· Is responsible for being prepared to start shift on time each day
· Is able and willing to perform any other duties as may be required from time to time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Post Date: November 10, 2022 Deadline for Application: November 30, 2022
399 Clubhouse Dr
Our facility is complete with everything that a resort destination is expected to have. Two restaurants are located within the centre. First is the Timber Room Pub & Grill with its split level design, floor to ceiling windows, and an enormous patio all overlooking the 18th green of our championship golf course. Second is the Timber Room Restaurant which exudes a casual elegance. The ambiance of the restaurant is that of a crystal garden. The glass atrium allows natural light to saturate most of the dining room and allows our guests to enjoy views of the Comox Glacier while enjoying superb west coast cuisine
The Timber Room Bar & Grill offers a family-friendly room open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The ambiance is playful and social - full of logging memorabilia, live sports on the multiple screens, great music playing in the background, and a cozy fireplace section. When the weather warms up, the Comox Valley's largest and most scenic patio over-looking the 18th green welcomes golfers, hotel guests, and local patrons alike. Come for a beverage, stay for a meal.