Dedicated to creating experiences our guests and team members are amazed by Stanley’s Bar and Grill at the Stanley Park Pavilion is looking for a hands-on, energetic, visionary, culinary expert. Within walking distance of Vancouver’s vibrant West End neighborhood, as well as many of the city’s top tourist destinations, there is never a dull day at this beautiful heritage location. If you are passionate about quality food service, culinary creation, and enjoy leading a team we would love to hear from you.
The Stanley Park Pavilion Chef de Cuisine is a key part of the of the team responsible for excellent food service. The Chef de Cuisine leads the culinary team towards the highest standards in all dining aspects on a consistent and profitable basis. They provide exceptional service through preparing and cooking meals, ordering and inventory control, maintaining labor, cost of goods sold and financial budgets, training team members, menu engineering, and maintaining a positive team-oriented work environment. They also work together with the other Capilano Group Properties (Capilano Suspension Bridge, Prospect Point) to align menus and product purchases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure quality guest experience by providing consistent and efficient service.
· Work with the Sous Chef to prepare meals for the Stanley Park Pavilion and Bar & Grill.
· Prepare menu items as per recipes and create daily features.
· Coach and lead by example all policy & procedures as outlined in the Kitchen manual.
· Follow up on Sous Chef, Chef de Partie and Line Cooks preparation and efficiency, direct feedback.
· Manage a uniform pace with culinary team to ensure all food items are ready at the same time.
· Set presentation specifications for culinary team.
· Ensure the quality of food is exceptional every time and items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail.
· Lead the daily shipping, receiving, distribution, inventory and control over kitchen supplies, as required.
· Develop and implement all opening and closing assignments for Culinary Team.
· Take initiative and reasonable care to protect your own, co-workers and guests’ health and safety.
· Know and follow all Capilano Group’s health and safety policies and procedures.
· Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the F&B Director with integrity
Perks & Benefits
· Competitive wages and gratuities.
· Full-time work hours for the entire season.
· Parking pass for Stanley Park and Guest passes for friends and family to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park!
· Employee discounts at Capilano Group’s various outlets and site locations.
· Complimentary meals while on shift to ensure you’re fueled up for the day!
· Training programs to advance your knowledge and expertise.
· Reward and recognition programs – we want to show you that we appreciate your hard work!
· Access to ALL the Team Cap social events. (Vancouver Sun Run, Laser tag, bowling, friends and family night, seasonal parties, to name a few!) #TeamCapGroup
· 5+ years of culinary experience, preference management role with exposure to; menu design and costing, inventory and food cost control, scheduling, and training.
· Food Safe Level 2 certification and Red Seal Certification or equivalent required.
· Post-Secondary courses related to hospitality or culinary arts an asset.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with ease.
· Positive attitude, outgoing personality, and enthusiasm.
· Dedicated to providing truly unmatched dining experience for Guests.
· Available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays to accommodate business needs.
· This position requires standing for extended periods of time, lifting 20lbs, and occasionally use a step ladder/stool.
Apply online or email email@example.com with resume and introductionAPPLY NOW! • CHEF DE CUISINE -STANLEY PARK PAVILION • Capilano Group
Post Date: August 4, 2022
3735 Capilano Road
The Capilano Group of Companies comprises retail, hospitality and tourism based businesses anchored by Capilano Suspension Bridge Park in North Vancouver. The Capilano Group's portfolio includes Moraine Lake Lodge, Moraine Lake Trading and Cathedral Mountain Lodge in the Canadian Rockies, Stanley Park Pavilion, Stanleys Park Bar & Grill and Prospect Point Cafe and Gift Shop in Stanley Park, Vancouver and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, Capilano Trading Post and Bridge House Restaurant in North Vancouver.