Positions available: 2
Employment type: full time, permanent
Job Location: #1782 – 6060 Minoru Blvd., Richmond, B.C. V6Y 2V7
Salary: C$27 /hour, 40 hours per week
Start date of employment: as soon as possible
Contact phone no.: 604-779-9389
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Prepare and cook, fry traditional Taiwanese hot food or individual dishes and foods from the menu.
· Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
· Improve current menu by adding new traditional Taiwanese hot/cold dishes & recipes.
· Train and supervise junior Cooks to make new dishes.
· Instruct kitchen helpers in preparation and handling of food.
· Schedule kitchen helpers.
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas, clean kitchen and work areas when necessary.
· Maintain and manage inventory and records of food, ingredients, supplies and equipment. Place orders when needed.
· 10 day paid annual leave or 4% gross salary.
· Two free staff meals daily.
· 20% off staff discount at restaurant.
Qualifications and skills:
· Completion of secondary education.
· Minimum of 3-year commercial Taiwanese cuisine cooking experience
· Ability to make authentic Taiwanese hot dishes such as three cups chicken
· Ability to supervise kitchen staffs with advanced cooking skills.
· Commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
· Willingness to be flexible with working hours.
· No criminal record.
· Work extra hours when necessary.
Contact email: email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • COOK • Star Cafe Ltd dba Pearl Castle
Post Date: July 22, 2022 Deadline for Application: August 1, 2022
#1782 - 6060 Minoru Blvd.
Pearl Castle is specialized in Taiwanese cuisine. We hired a number of well-known chefs from Taiwan, providing customers with a full dining experience. The combination of innovative dishes, a commitment to using local fresh ingredients and carefully selected raw material from Taiwan proved successful as Pearl Castle had became a popular choice in Richmond, BC. Chefs were provided the opportunity to excel in creativity and designing exquisite meals to conquer the hearts for those craving for authentic Taiwanese cuisine. A talented interior designer was also hired to create a modern, clean and comfortable dining environment allowing customers to enjoy their dining experience.
We pride ourselves in customer service while providing authentic Taiwanese cuisine within a clean and modern dining environment. We want to share with everyone in Vancouver a true taste of being in Taiwan. Our efforts have paid off, winning for four consecutive years the Chinese Restaurant Awards Diners’ Choice for Best Taiwanese Café.