Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week), Year-round or Seasonal contract
Wage: $20-23 per hour
Perks: room and board (accommodation/staff room and meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner, coffee, tea (no pop, alcoholic beverages or chunk food) $500/month ($230.14 every 2 weeks deducted from pay cheque). 50% of room and board paid back as a bonus if you stay for the agreed term.
Travel bonus also offered!
When you file your taxes: Northern Tax Allowance (Canada Gov. tax benefit) if you stay for more than 6 months.
Staff have opportunities to join one of our premier floatplane tours
Why work for us
Work for the largest and most impressive lodge on the Alaska Highway and Muncho Lake Provincial Park located in the heart of British Columbia’s largest protected area, the Muskwa-Kechika. Our floatplane operation welcomes fishing & tour guests from around the world who come to our lodge to experience the best wilderness gateway in Canada’s North.
About this job
Be an integral part of a premier wilderness lodge dining room operation. The line cook is capable of executing all of our salad, sandwich, grill, char grill, pan and fry items while meeting presentation and timing standards, assists others in the kitchen, and maintains a clean, well-stocked and organized work area.
· Maintains up to date knowledge of recipes, procedures and plating for all menu, special and promo items for which he/she is responsible
· Prepares grill/char grill/salad/sandwich/entree items to recipe or special order
· Meets timing standards
· Coordinates orders with others, assists coworkers as needed
· Works cooperatively with front of house staff to respond to guest needs
· Ensures his/her areas of responsibility are well stocked and guest ready
· Maintains high standards of cleanliness, safety and food safety throughout the shift
· As required: stock taking, cleaning, opening and closing tasks; and any other duties designated by the management team or kitchen leader.
· Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
· Ability to lift and carry 0-25 pounds on a regular basis, throughout the shift.
· Must be able to push and pull equipment of various sizes and weights (e.g. 25lbs pot of hot water), throughout the shift.
· Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
· Requires grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Previous experience and/or training as a line cook / cook
· Presents him/herself professionally, e.g. clean uniform, well groomed
· Can handle working in a youthful and energetic environment
· Excellent working command of the English language
· Canadian citizen / permanent residence or have a valid work visa
· Obtain Food Safe BC
· Be a Canadian Citizen / Permanent resident or have a valid work visa
· Prior food industry experience as a cook
· Able to bake bread, cakes and pastries
· Knowledge of Pâtisserie
· Has formal trade or vocational training certification e.g. Red Seal
Download application form from our website, www.northernrockieslodge.com/employment/ save and email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
cooks papers, red seal
please fill out our application form
www.northernrockieslodge.com/employmentAPPLY NOW! • COOK • Northern Rockies Lodge
Post Date: September 1, 2022
Mile 462 Alaska Highway, Box 8
Hotel, Motel and cabin accommodation in the center of Muncho Lake Provincial Park are the most modern in the Muncho Lake/Toad River and Liard River Hotsprings region. The Northern Rockies Lodge is located halfway between Watson Lake and Fort Nelson, a convenient days drive from either Whitehorse and Fort St. John/ Dawson Creek and Grande Prairie. The Northern Rockies Lodge is located in the midst of the northernmost peaks of the Rocky Mountains with floatplane access to the surrounding Muskwa/Kechika Wilderness area... we invite you to join us for outdoor adventure in Super, Natural British Columbia!