Cook – Seasonal Full-Time
Kilby Historic Site, Harrison Mills, BC
The Kilby Historic Site is currently seeking an energetic cook for full time, seasonal work. Must have highly developed communication skills and enjoy working with people.
Working under the direction of the Café and Gift Shop Supervisor, the Cook is responsible for all facets of the kitchen in our quaint a 55-seat home-style restaurant.
· Responsible for cooking for lunch and tour group business
· Assists in developing menus based on ‘time period’ traditional foods
· Assists in keeping a list of supplies needed for the kitchen
· Assist Café Supervisor with ordering of food/supplies when required
· Monitoring and working to improve the delivery and all aspects of the visitor’s culinary experience
· Assists with development a Food Safe Plan for menu items in compliance with all Health Department procedures.
· Overseeing daily procedures re: recycling, organic waste to gardens and/or farm animals etc.
· Evaluating & making recommendations regarding kitchen activities
· Keeping of food waste, breakage and other logs as assigned
· Other duties as assigned by the Café and Gift Shop Manager
Abilities & Skills Required:
· Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in kitchen operation
· Outgoing & energetic demeanor with excellent, mature inter-personal skills
· Excellent planning, organizational skills
· Task oriented
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and leadership abilities
· Self-starter & highly motivated
· Ability to work in a high paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with other staff and departments at the site
· Post-secondary education in the culinary arts
· Baking and/or pastry experience, an asset
· Customer Service and Visitor Relations experience
Conditions: Non-smoking site
Includes weekend work
Must possess a reliable means of transportation to/from work
CRC (Criminal Records Check) required
This position is 35 hours a week – Remuneration Negotiable
FAX or EMAIL RESUMES TO:
FAX: 604-796-9592 or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • COOK • Kilby Historic Site
Post Date: January 24, 2023 Deadline for Application: February 28, 2023
Kilby Historic Site is a British Columbia provincial historic site located in the eastern Fraser Valley in Harrison Mills. The Fraser Heritage Society is a community based, charitable non-profit organization that operates the historic site and neighbouring Kilby Provincial Park. The heritage site consists of large 1906 General Store and farm; archival collections; educational programming; campground & boat launch; restaurant and gift shop.