Reporting to the Floathouse Restaurant – kitchen leadership team, Cooks will be a valuable contributor on the food & beverage team with direct responsibility for executing menus and displaying talent and dedication to a culture of excellent standards of safety and sanitation.
Ensures consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation by:
· Participating in day-to-day production and plating of all food service areas, maintaining the best quality food style possible.
· Continuously striving to maintain high quality of food products provided by the kitchen and builds customer loyalty through product excellence.
· Helping to raise the standards within the department.
· Striving to advance knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms.
· Rotating food products to ensure high standards of freshness.
· Checking refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas daily and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
A Kitchen culture champion fostering the cohesiveness of the team by:
· Ensuring open lines of professional communication with both kitchen team and front of house.
· Ensuring the kitchen and individual stations are well organized and ready for service and dedicated to cost-effective operation.
· Participating in individual touch bases (ITBs), group touch bases (GTBs), and skill-building sessions where appropriate.
· Establishing performance objectives/goals with management, reviewing progress throughout the year, and completing formal performance reviews with management so continual learning is the focus.
· Constantly monitoring safety and sanitation to ensure compliance.
Thrives in a “visitor focused and driven” culinary department by:
· Understanding the guest expectations and established standards as related to food quality and presentation.
· Working with guest feedback on product quality and service levels and ensuring corrective measures are taken where needed.
· Alerting management to additional supplies needed, faulty equipment or other challenges that may exist.
· Maintaining adequate pars, ensuring to both eliminate outages or shorts and participate in any opportunities to minimize loss.
Ensures compliance with all resort and legislative requirements, guidelines, and laws by:
· Ensuring compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
· Maintaining purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards and logs.
· Actively participating in the resorts environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
· Striving to uphold a safe working environment and is Health and Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
Consciously desires to improve the resort operations and its processes by:
· Promptly aiding in Emergency protocol.
· Maintaining organizational safety standards.
· Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations through support of EMS protocols.
· Actively demonstrating the resort’s values and expectations for conduct.
· Performs additional duties of a similar nature or level as required.
Education and Experience
· Completed culinary education or demonstrated experience in a similar environment. Red Seal Certification considered a strong asset.
· 2 years’ applicable experience in a kitchen and/or Banquet Facility
· Knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards.
· Experience with running and maintaining kitchen equipment.
· Previous experience operating within operating budgets, forecasting, and scheduling.
· Experience remote resort operations an asset.
· Food Safe Certificate.
· Demonstrated food and beverage experience
· Knowledge of governmental safety regulations.
· Excellent communication and people skills.
· Effective decision making and critical thinking skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team: consensus building, negotiation, influencing, and conflict resolution.
· Strong customer and associate relation skills.
· Self-motivated with a cheerful outlook and a consistent display of professionalism.
· Innovative, meticulous, and quality conscious.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, customers, and vendors.
· Constantly standing and moving around in a kitchen environment.
· Frequently twisting, crouching, and stooping, handling, and grasping various kitchen utensils, and fingering/feeling foods and spices.
· Job requires incumbent to safely lift items weighing up to 50lbs.
· Occasionally sitting, climbing stairs, and balancing supplies and food.
· Exposure to varying temperatures (72 – 110 degrees F).
· Exposure to slippery floors, noise, and vibrations.
To apply please submit a letter and resume to email@example.com
• Must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
• Please note due to the high number of candidates only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up.APPLY NOW! • COOK – FLOATHOUSE RESTAURANT • Gorge Harbour Marina Resort
Post Date: September 23, 2022 Deadline for Application: November 15, 2022
1374 Hunt Road
Located on Cortes Island, British Columbia, Gorge Harbour Marina Resort is a full-service marina and campground offering moorage for boaters and campers exploring the Discovery Islands and Desolation Sound. In 2021 Klahoose Resort has acquired this landmark property on Cortes Island. Now 100% Indigenous owned, the resort operates year-round and is part of the tourism division and joins our other key property Klahoose Wilderness Resort.
Gorge Harbour is also accessible by car and offers amenities for both local and transient boaters, as well as island residents and visitors arriving by car or RV. The facility offers a modern 1,800 ft. marina, Floathouse Restaurant, general store, RV park and campground, ocean view swimming pool, deck and limited cabin and motel style accommodation, with guest services such as fuel sales, laundromat, and outdoor landscape grounds and recreational use areas.