Echo Valley Ranch & Spa, located near Jesmond, in BC’s scenic Cariboo Region – is looking for an experienced cook. We are a seasonal operation offering employment for our winter season from November 1, 2022 to April 30, 2023.
Echo Valley Ranch and Spa is an award-winning guest ranch in the Cariboo Mountains. The cook is a crucial part of our operations, providing home-style meals and elevated comfort food to our guests (and staff) during the winter season.
We are looking for someone who would enjoy the lifestyle of working and living in a remote location. If this sounds like you, please reply. Room and board provided onsite.
Check out our website www.evranch.com for more information about our luxury guest ranch & spa.
Preference is given to candidates with the following:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
• Highly responsible and reliable
• Proficient in English (written & verbal), second language is an asset
The successful Candidate will:
• Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Be physically fit to meet the physical aspects of the position
• Be respectful and considerate of other staff- work obligations and personal space
• Maintain a cheerful, positive attitude while working in a remote lodge for long periods of time and living very closely with other staff members and guests
• Savor independent living in a remote wilderness setting with limited access to a traditional social life
• Have an adventurous spirit
• Have a special appreciation for diverse cultural backgrounds and the wilderness
General requirements for this position are:
• Menu creation and meal preparation for guests and staff, to be cooked from scratch rather than use prepped food
• Ordering of food and kitchen supplies
• Oversee and direct kitchen personnel
• Inventory and cost control
• High standards of hygiene and cleanliness
• FOODSAFE Level 2 required to meet Health Canada requirements
• Minimum of 5 years experience required
• Must be comfortable with cooking in an open kitchen with guests visiting
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Please send resume & cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • COOK – WINTER SEASON • Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
Post Date: September 19, 2022 Deadline for Application: October 15, 2022
10635 Jesmond Road
Echo Valley is a small, eco-luxury ranch and spa thoughtfully designed to inspire connection with the restorative elements of our natural surroundings, ensuring an intimate, personalized and safe experience for couples, families and small groups. Discerning soft-adventure seekers are instinctively drawn to the respectful, sustainable and comfortable lifestyle.
Known for our warm, sincere and anticipatory service, people come to Echo Valley to fully rest, relax and rejuvenate their souls. Indulgence and adventure for some, while others seek comfort and ease. Step away from life’s daily pressures and immerse yourself in a natural experience intended to fuel your emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
Welcome to nature’s comfortable home.