Orca Spirit Adventures is seeking a Cruise Ship Coordinator for our busy whale watching operations in Victoria, BC. The ideal candidate must be well organized and have the strong ability to multi-task in a high paced tourism environment. Office administration experience and previous work in the tourism and cruise industries is considered a valuable asset. Candidate should have a strong focus on customer service and be passionate about the marine environment.
This position is a sales position as well as a guest service agent and must ensure all guests feel welcomed and important.
– Organize cruise ship manifests, and boarding passes
– Liaison with office to confirm manifests are accurate for passenger numbers prior to arrival at Orca Spirit with the cruise ship guests
– Primary meet and greet for all cruise ship guests
– Required to have flexible work shifts to meet needs of cruise ship schedule
– Manage cruise ship email and assist office supervisor with coordinating crew
– Coordinating of office and vessel crew for each cruise ship tour departure
– At the Pier, deal with customer inquiries and monitor service delivery
– Maintain communications with the shore excursions and cruise ship staff regarding departure and return of guests and passenger counts
– Administrative support answering main phone line, responding to guest questions and fielding any customer service issues
– Check in and departure of tours
– Promotion and sales of tours (must be knowledgeable about tour departure times, vessel types, and pricing)
- Prior experience in the cruise ship and tourism markets preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines in a demanding and hectic environment
- Excellent guest service and oral/written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & creativity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, multi-tasked environment
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • CRUISE COORDINATOR / SALES AGENT • Orca Spirit Adventures
Post Date: January 31, 2023 Deadline for Application: March 15, 2023
146 Kingston Street, Marina Level
Victoria's largest adventure company offers you world class Whale Watching /Marine Wildlife tours.
Our tours take you around our coastal waters in search of marine wildlife including: Orcas, Minke, Gray and Humpback whales, porpoises, sea lions, eagles and marine birds. You will also enjoy our magnificent scenery. We are the most experienced and successful whale watching team in Victoria, with over 25 years in operation. Our attention to safety and comfort is uncompromising; our crew is professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Our carefully developed and extensive whale spotting network provides you with excellent sighting success. Your whale watching trip with us will be a highlight of your visit to Victoria! Enjoy the ease and convenience of a downtown "same-site" check-in and departure location with free parking. Departing from the marina level of the Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel.