Looking to joining a dynamic team in a ground breaking position? This new role may be your chance!
Our new Destination & Experience managers will support the tourism industry, improve the entrepreneurial abilities and capacities of businesses to further the Destination Development Program initiatives and support responsible growth of the tourism economy. Improve the communication and collaboration with local, regional and provincial agencies to further the economic development and other community interests to guide the sustainable long-term responsible growth of tourism experiences and revenues across the region. To align with and deliver on national, provincial, regional and local tourism and economic development strategies for the benefit of responsibly advancing our tourism sector at the regional level.
Responsibilities may include:
· Undertake, manage and report on all grant applications to secure resources for programing initiatives,
· Work with local/regional stakeholders on destination development initiatives and advance destination management programs,
· Be knowledgeable in and deliver on CCC programs to enable businesses, partners and local/regional governments to provide and improve in-demand visitor experiences,
· Innovate visitor experience development across region with CCC team, ensure alignment between market demand and marketing initiatives,
· Facilitate and deliver business training to measurably advance tourism businesses in the region,
· Ensure that experiences/products are both market ready and businesses are equipped to meet market expectations,
· Work with individual businesses in collaboration with the CCC Team to reduce regional seasonality,
· Develop program recommendations for the responsible development and furtherance of the tourism industry in alignment with regional destination carrying capacity and sustainability priorities,
· Work closely with the regional Sustainability Program Manager position on business initiatives & training coordination, to ensure that sustainability is at the core of the industry and project advancement,
· Deliver initiatives & projects which demonstrably progress Destination Development Plans.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
Only applicants short-listed for interviews will be contacted.APPLY NOW! • DESTINATION & EXPERIENCE MANAGER • Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association
Post Date: January 16, 2023 Deadline for Application: February 3, 2023
#204-350 Barnard Street
A Regional Destination Management Organization that works in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture & Sport, Destination British Columbia, Destination Canada and industry partners in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast region to help foster the sustainable growth of the tourism sector. Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism promotes the responsible development of tourism, markets the tourism products of the region, and supports the regional film, motion picture and creative industries. Officially the second region in North America to earn the internationally registered Biosphere Certified Destination from the Responsible Tourism Institute for its work in tourism sustainability, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast tourism uses innovative approaches and leading-edge initiatives. Considered an industry leader, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism is adding to its team of talented and motivated employees. All applicants should be excellent communicators and high achievers who are dedicated to business excellence and customer service.