Reporting to the Experience & Commercial Officer, this position will lead regional sustainability projects and initiatives, including the management of the Biosphere certification program for CCCT region. Ensure regional sustainability and development projects are aligned with regional and provincial priorities, support the Biosphere certification and regional priorities of the UN’s 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). Provide leadership and expertise to internal teams to ensure other department activities strengthen sustainable priorities for tourism businesses, communities, and the region. Collaborate with the other tourism regions, tourism agencies and sustainability agencies on projects aligned with CCC regional priorities. Duties may include:
· Manage and report on project & program objectives to team lead, as required – to external partners,
· Secure required resources for successful project completion and complete necessary reporting,
· Coordinate with destination development team to ensure successful, timely implementation and management of multiple complex projects,
· Ensure all internal projects support the sustainable development and furtherance of the tourism industry, including demonstrable progress on the Regional Biosphere Certification,
· Manage program commitments, deliverables, and reporting for the Biosphere Certification program.
· Further the development of the economic impact and long-term responsible growth of the tourism sector,
· Management: booking travel & meeting space, budgets, presentation materials,
· Administration: coordination & approval of invites, required materials & external communications, general administration as required,
· Document control: review, prepare, filing, maintaining & ensuring confidentiality of information,
· Correspondence: prepare as is required and requested in support of organization and position.
· Conduct research & analysis to make timely & annual recommendations across internal teams,
· Collect & represent data as prescribed for project reporting, in easy to absorb format to inform organizational decisions and contribute to stakeholder insights to support regional tourism,
· Ensure visitor experiences are aligned to market demand and CCCTMA marketing initiatives,
· Contribute innovative, creative and solutions-oriented thinking to CCCTA programs.
Ø Education: College diploma or bachelor’s degree in business, commerce, sustainability, economic development or related discipline,
Ø Abilities: training/coaching, strong team player & as required leader, administration, speaking & audience management, communications, prioritize & adapt to conflicting project demands,
Ø Experience: 3~4 years in similar environment, ideally in tourism industry, progressing businesses/local or regional economy to identified future/improved state, development & utilization of research, program delivery & administration, successful at driving results,
Ø Skills: business development, research, working with partners/stakeholders & communities, business acumen, professionalism, strong project management, stakeholder collaboration, budgeting & financial management, diplomacy, organizational destination development,
Ø Abilities: to represent information, appropriately respond to business clients, compliment marketing initiatives, to work independently.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • DESTINATION SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER • Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association
Post Date: March 13, 2023 Deadline for Application: March 24, 2023
#204-350 Barnard Street
A Regional Destination Management Organization that works in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture & Sport, Destination British Columbia, Destination Canada and industry partners in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast region to help foster the sustainable growth of the tourism sector. Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism promotes the responsible development of tourism, markets the tourism products of the region, and supports the regional film, motion picture and creative industries. Officially the second region in North America to earn the internationally registered Biosphere Certified Destination from the Responsible Tourism Institute for its work in tourism sustainability, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast tourism uses innovative approaches and leading-edge initiatives. Considered an industry leader, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism is adding to its team of talented and motivated employees. All applicants should be excellent communicators and high achievers who are dedicated to business excellence and customer service.