The Director of Sales & Marketing will be responsible for developing and achieving the long-term goals of
the resort. This person will, in close collaboration with the General Manager, ensure all strategies and
initiatives are aligned with Sparkling Hill’s vision and brand as a destination wellness resort. The Director
of Sales & Marketing will monitor the achievement of these long-term goals and provide adjustments
and feedback on individual strategies as required. First and foremost, this individual will be an
ambassador of Sparkling Hill’s long-term vision, both internally and externally.
• Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in business, marketing, or related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical sales experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ of direct work experience in a management capacity.
• Minimum 10 years’ working experience in sales and/or marketing.
• Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, ethical values, achievement oriented and dedicated.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills. • Ability to process vague, abstract verbal and written instructions to create marketing plans for services.
• Excellent management writing and verbal communication skills.
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and guests.
• Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills.
• Proven skills to interact effectively with employees in order to direct work flow, assess performance and assign duties.
• Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
• Confident with decision making in regards to determining project guidelines, purpose, following through and completion.
• Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
• Ability to assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of performance.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
• Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
• Travel is occasionally required for this position.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Jana Gohl General Manager. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.APPLY NOW! • DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING • Sparkling Hill Resort
Post Date: October 7, 2021 Deadline for Application: November 1, 2021
888 Sparkling Place
European inspired Sparkling Hill Resort is a premier international destination for extended wellness holidays and is located in the Okanagan, British Columbia. Sparkling Hill is nestled into a granite rock face on a ridge that has sweeping views of the Monashee Mountains and over Lake Okanagan. Sparkling Hill is the first resort in the world to incorporate Swarovski crystal elements into every aspect of its design with over 3.5M crystals valued at over 10 million dollars. The resort's signature amenity is KurSpa - a 40,000 sq. ft. spa where guests are encouraged to explore a better level of health from walking on the acres of private trails, to dining on organic choices in the hotel restaurants and to experience over 100 therapies and treatments offered at the wellness resort. The wellness hotel has 149 rooms and three Penthouses (1,200 sq ft each).