THE FINER DETAILS
Start Date: April – June 2023
Work Hours: Seasonal, Full-time or Part-time roles available
Location: 2350 Beta Ave, Burnaby, BC
Wage: $21-22/hr + Extended Health Benefits (Company pays ½ while working full time if you opt in)
Approx. shift times: AM Shuttle: 0645 – 1245 & PM Shuttle: 1545 – 2230
An integral part of our guest service and tour logistics is our Shuttle Driver role. You will drive a minibus, working closely with our Driver Guides, assisting with picking up or dropping off guests at their hotel for our various tours, along with other odd jobs to support the operations.
A Shuttle shift usually starts early in the morning. It begins by pre-tripping your vehicle for the day, then determining your hotel pick up route working closely with our Operations team.
Arriving at each hotel, guests will be met with your friendly greeting and warm manner. After gathering guests from various hotels, you will meet up with the Driver Guide to transfer guests to their coach before beginning pickups for our next tour departure. An evening shuttle shift works much the same, except you drop guests off back at their hotel after their wonderful day on tour!
As a Shuttle Driver, you’ll need to be prepared for the little surprises that will pop up on a daily basis. Missing guests! Perhaps a vehicle rescue! Last-minute drives to Whistler! You are our eyes and ears out on the road and must be flexible for last-minute changes and requests.
WHAT WE WILL LIKE ABOUT YOU:
• You possess a Valid BC Class 1, 2 or 4 Driver’s License* with a clean driving abstract
• You have the flexibility to accommodate a changing schedule, available to work any day of the week, and an average shift length of 5-7 hours per day
• You have a good knowledge of Vancouver’s downtown core
• You possess a personable guest first attitude
• You have the ability to lift luggage up to 50lbs
• You work well under pressure
• You are organized and extremely detail-oriented
• You have a professional attitude and appearance
• You are a quick learner and hard worker who can meet deadlines
• You have the ability to work well both independently with minimum direction, and as part of a team
• If you have previous tourism/hospitality experience, it’s an asset
• You are fluent in English, both written and oral
WHAT YOU WILL LIKE ABOUT US:
• Many opportunities for growth, want to become a Tour Guide? We have a growth plan!
• You can work 5-8 months a year with excellent earning potential taking winter months off
• A central Burnaby office near Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station + free on-site parking
• You come home every night; we are a local tour company, operating within 160 KM.
• Free admission and discounts to over 90 attractions through the Tourism Privilege Pass
Please read job description
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to https://westcoastsightseeingcareers.easyapply.co/APPLY NOW! • SHUTTLE DRIVER • Gray Line Westcoast Sightseeing
Post Date: March 2, 2023
(Suite 301) 110 Cambie Street
GRAY LINE WESTCOAST SIGHTSEEING
Exploring - going places to inspire amazing experiences - is a uniquely human desire.
People have many reasons to explore. They explore to learn; they explore to make new friends, they explore to enrich their connection to new places and new people; they explore to satisfy their curiosity; they explore to escape their routine; or they simply explore for fun and adventure. By exploring we turn the unknown into the familiar, and strangers into friends.
We are your hosts, and we are here to explore with you. Our role is to share our experiences with our local guests and those from around the world, the stories and artifacts of our past, present and future, as well as the natural beauty and adventures that make our region special.
We are explorers ourselves, constantly looking deeper for new stories to share and interesting places to experience. We are well aware of the special connection people have with our community, and being a host means we celebrate the West Coast with you, we offer options to guide you and inspire you in the way that suits your style.
Let's Explore Together.