THE FINER DETAILS
Start Date: March – June 2023
Work Hours: Seasonal, Full-time + Part-time roles available
Location: 2350 Beta Ave, Burnaby, BC
Wage: $21-22/hr with Class 2 with Air Brakes + Extended Health benefits (Company pays ½ while working full time if you opt in)
Training Wage: $19/hr with Class 5 and GLWCS pays for Class 2 training
Driver Gratuities average $7-10/hr ($40-300/day)
WE WILL PAY FOR THE COST AND TRAINING TO OBTAIN YOUR CLASS 2 LICENCE!
Do you enjoy talking to people from all over the world, and going out of your way to enhance their day? Do you have strong communication skills, and a passion for showcasing the beautiful province we call home? Do you have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence and enjoy being an independent leader in your work? If yes, our Driver Tour Guide role may be a great fit for you. Our Driver Tour Guides conduct daily sightseeing tours while driving 20-30 passenger mini coaches, while providing entertaining and informative commentary to our guests.
NOTE: you must possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence, a clean driver’s abstract, and 3 years of driving experience in BC to obtain your commercial driver’s licence.
YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE:
• Being responsible for conducting safe, orderly, and fun sightseeing tours, driving 20 + guests on tours to Vancouver, North Shore, Victoria, Squamish & Whistler
• Providing clear live tour narration in English while driving
• Efficiently keeping the tour on-time and schedule, while providing a five-star guest experience
• Performing daily pre- and post-trip inspections, ensuring bus cleanliness
• Being warm, friendly, and welcoming to all guests and team members
• Promoting partner attractions and online reviews
• Professionally handle guest queries and concerns
• Complete all passenger paperwork for entry into ferries and into attractions
• Effective and professional communication over radio/phone
• Available to work a full or part time schedule over the summer touring months
WHAT WE WILL LIKE ABOUT YOU:
• You have a friendly + outgoing personality with a guest first focus
• You possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License with a minimum 3 years driving experience, and a clean driver’s abstract
• You have the flexibility to accommodate a changing schedule, available to work any day of the week, and an average shift length of 10-11 hours per day
• You have previous experience working in a customer service or hospitality role
• You have the ability to work well both independently with minimum direction, and as part of a team
• You possess a professional attitude and appearance
• You have excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
• You possess problem solving, attention to detail, and time management skills
• In-depth Vancouver, Whistler and Victoria knowledge is an asset
• You have the ability to lift luggage up to 50lbs
• You are fluent in English, written and oral. Ability to speak a second language is an asset
• You are legally entitled to work in Canada
WHAT YOU WILL LIKE ABOUT US:
• We pay for Class 2 licensing training for the right candidate (must commit to working full season & minimum 3 days per week)
• Our Driver Guides make an average of $7-10/hr ($40-300/day)
• You can work 5-8 months a year with excellent earning potential taking winter months off
• A central Burnaby office near Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station + free on-site parking
• You come home every night; we are a local tour company, operating within 160 KM.
• Free admission and discounts to over 90 attractions through the Tourism Privilege Pass
Please read job description
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to https://westcoastsightseeingcareers.easyapply.co/APPLY NOW! • DRIVERS – GUIDED TOUR • Gray Line Westcoast Sightseeing
Post Date: March 2, 2023
(Suite 301) 110 Cambie Street
GRAY LINE WESTCOAST SIGHTSEEING
Exploring - going places to inspire amazing experiences - is a uniquely human desire.
People have many reasons to explore. They explore to learn; they explore to make new friends, they explore to enrich their connection to new places and new people; they explore to satisfy their curiosity; they explore to escape their routine; or they simply explore for fun and adventure. By exploring we turn the unknown into the familiar, and strangers into friends.
We are your hosts, and we are here to explore with you. Our role is to share our experiences with our local guests and those from around the world, the stories and artifacts of our past, present and future, as well as the natural beauty and adventures that make our region special.
We are explorers ourselves, constantly looking deeper for new stories to share and interesting places to experience. We are well aware of the special connection people have with our community, and being a host means we celebrate the West Coast with you, we offer options to guide you and inspire you in the way that suits your style.
Let's Explore Together.