Tyax Heliskiing and Lodge in Gold Bridge, BC is looking to hire an Executive Chef!
The Executive Chef will manage all aspects of the lodge’s kitchen and dining operations. During our summer season, we cater with casual fare in our lounge and formal fare in our dining room (including breakfast, lunch and dinner) to lodge and camping guests, local clientele, and wedding fare by client request. During the winter we cater to high-end heliskiing clientele with a full buffet breakfast, Apres-ski snacks, and fine coursed dining at night. The Executive Chef will craft and coordinate menus and meal preparation with staff, and be a natural leader, building and maintaining the team.
It is an exciting time to be a part of a team providing this incredible experience. By building and maintaining a team of passionate people with a shared hunger for the outdoors and the numerous activities available in the region, we are able to provide our guests with an authentic wilderness experience, ensuring that they continue to come back to see us.
We encourage all staff to actively take part in the activities that we promote, including extensive mountain biking, hiking, boating, horseback riding, skiing, snowboarding and more. We offer competitive wages, a tight-knit community between Tyax, Gold Bridge and Bralorne, the communities in the valley, and an exciting staff heliskiing program.
Applicants must be willing to live and work in a remote environment with a close-knit team. We are only able to employ Canadian residents or individuals with a valid Canadian work visa.
– Planning and Directing Food Preparation
– Winter: +/- 35-50 Staff, +/- 35-40 Guests
– Summer: +/- 30 Staff, +/- 40-120 Guests
– Developing Menus and Recipes to meet Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing Standards
– Training Chefs and Cooks
– Supervising Chef and Cook Activities
– Performance Management
– Overseeing Day-To-Day Operations
– Instructing Cooks in Preparation, Cooking, Garnishing and Presentation of Food
– Upkeeping Kitchen Facility Standards of Quality and Cleanliness in accordance with Canadian Government Health and Safety Regulations
– Estimating Food Requirements relative to the Company Purchasing Policy Guidelines
– Optimizing Profits through effective Food Program Planning and Cost Controls
– Working with Management Stakeholders to Manage Labour and Food Costs
– Working with Management Stakeholders to Recruit and Hire Staff
– Be Responsible for company property – including: Products, Equipment, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
-High School Diploma
-Must possess strong verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills and be a team player.
-Responsible, dependable and available to work all shifts including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
-Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
-Minimum three to five years in a kitchen environment with supervisory experience a must.
-A Culinary Arts Diploma is advantageous.
-Food Safe level 1
-Proven success in cost control, people management, loss prevention and food preparation.
-Exposure to and understanding of hotel property management systems, point of sale, and inventory.
-Management and Accounting Systems.
To apply: Download the mPloy App, complete your Worker Profile, and Submit your Application! We will contact you within 24-48 hours.APPLY NOW! • EXECUTIVE CHEF @ TYAX LODGE (MPLOY) • mPloy Solutions Inc.
Post Date: June 17, 2022 Deadline for Application: July 13, 2022
mPloy is redefining the way workers in the food & beverage industry find employment. We match quality, experienced candidates with job opportunities that fit your defined skills, experience and personality. Simply set up your profile once on mPloy and apply for the jobs that interest you.
We'll notify you if you are selected for an Advanced Interview. Then get ready for work!