Tourism Wells Gray is seeking a confident and experienced tourism professional to cover a 1 year maternity leave position as Executive Director. This is a flexible position with a hybrid work model and some days each week available to work from home. Please note that this job does require office time in the Tourism Wells Gray office in Clearwater, BC and is not solely a work from home position.
Based in Clearwater, BC—the Gateway to Wells Gray Park, Tourism Wells Gray is a Destination Management Organization responsible for marketing Wells Gray Country, Wells Gray Park and Clearwater, as well as managing the Wells Gray Park Visitor Information Centre.
Wells Gray Provincial Park is a truly iconic wilderness destination in Western Canada, known as Canada’s waterfall park for good reason. The Park has 41 named waterfalls and North America’s largest canoe only lake, making it one of the premier, accessible wilderness adventure playgrounds in Canada.
What can I expect to do in this role?
· To lead all strategic planning, communications initiatives, and marketing for the tourism industry in Clearwater and Wells Gray Country
· Implement annual tactical marketing plans and budget in accordance with Destination BC requirements
· Oversee HR and administration of Visitor Centre staff and operations
· Develop and maintain effective partnerships with tourism stakeholders, government stakeholders, and the Board of Directors
· Generate written and visual content and stories for all public facing channels and products (website, social media, official guide).
· Direct and overseeing video, photography and advertising contracts for all communications and marketing initiatives.
· Manage destination brand including media relations, crisis communication, reputation management and internal stakeholder communications.
· Support of local events through organizing support, marketing, promotion, and sponsorship
· Emergency communications and response for issues such as wildfires and COVID-19
· Responsible for organization administration including annual program and financial
· reporting and evaluation to the Province of B.C., local government bodies, and stakeholders
· Operate the society within budgetary guidelines approved by the board of director
· Operate in accordance with the BC Societies Act and within Tourism Wells Gray’s Constitution and Bylaws, including hosting an AGM.
· To get out into the most beautiful parts of western Canada and engage with the people that visit our region and the operators that host them on a regular basis
The salary range for the position is $48,000 – $50,000 with benefits and holiday time.
Orientation and Onboarding provided.
To learn more about this destination visit: www.wellsgray.ca
To learn more about Tourism Wells Gray visit: www.wellsgray.ca/about-us/
· Minimum of 3 year’s experience in direct tourism marketing and or destination management in Canada (BC experience would be preferable)
· The ability to produce concise and accurate reporting monthly and the ability to present your findings to an audience
· The ability to cultivate and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with operators and partners in tourism, local government, business and community groups
· Preferably previous experience within a not-for-profit society and working directly with a board of directors (11 people)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience managing and developing content for all social media channels
· Experience with office administration and procedural development; grant research, preparation and reporting and budget preparation and reporting
· Experience with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, content management tools, or equivalent
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Applications will be reviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Please include a cover letter with your resume addressing the criteria above.
APPLY NOW! • EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR • Tourism Wells Gray
Post Date: January 18, 2023 Deadline for Application: January 31, 2023
209 Dutch Lake Road
Tourism Wells Gray is a non-profit Destination Marketing Organization promoting, leading and representing the tourism industry in Wells Gray Country including Wells Gray Provincial Park and Clearwater, BC.