Reporting to the CEO and working with the leadership team, this position is responsible to ensure that all financial requirements are current on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for non-profit organizations and to ensure information is available to aid project & program managers in budgeting and reporting. Duties may include:
· Ensure bookkeeping & records are kept to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) standards for a not-for-profit in British Columbia,
· Perform all Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable functions including payroll and benefits administration,
· Keep up to date on all bank transactions and monthly bank reconciliations,
· Ensure that the accounting records and associated coding to general ledger accounts for both organizations – CCCTA and CCCTMA are kept in proper order.
· Compile necessary materials for annual audits for the CCCTA & CCCTMA organizations,
· Be a resource to the CEO and Leadership Team to aid in queries for information,
· File quarterly GST reports/remittances, annual society’s reporting for CCCTA & CCCTMA,
· Review payroll timesheets and record entries including deductions, employee benefits and issuance of annual T4 slips,
· Generate monthly financial reports for organization Executive & Board,
· Identify and recommend any practice, process or control improvements to current operations as is relevant to team lead (Experience & Commercial Officer, Director of Marketing and/or CEO).
Ø Education: College diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent combination of education, training and business experience,
Ø Abilities: excellent problem solving, analytic and critical thinking skills, adapt and apply procedures and approaches to address irregular situations, maintain compliance with regulations,
Ø Skills: Superior attention to detail and tracking down answers, excellent coordination and organizational skills,
Ø Experience: 3~4 years’ in similar environment, ideally in a not-for-profit setting/environment.
Ø Experience: advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), administration in office setting,
Ø Skills: finance, budgeting, record keeping, business, development, research, working with partners/stakeholders & community programming,
Ø Abilities: maintain confidentiality, demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, represent information in a usable fashion for multiple audience levels, appropriately respond to internal queries.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Date: March 13, 2023 Deadline for Application: March 24, 2023
#204-350 Barnard Street
A Regional Destination Management Organization that works in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture & Sport, Destination British Columbia, Destination Canada and industry partners in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast region to help foster the sustainable growth of the tourism sector. Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism promotes the responsible development of tourism, markets the tourism products of the region, and supports the regional film, motion picture and creative industries. Officially the second region in North America to earn the internationally registered Biosphere Certified Destination from the Responsible Tourism Institute for its work in tourism sustainability, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast tourism uses innovative approaches and leading-edge initiatives. Considered an industry leader, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism is adding to its team of talented and motivated employees. All applicants should be excellent communicators and high achievers who are dedicated to business excellence and customer service.