TRAILHEAD GUEST SERVICES STAFF
The Fernie Snowmobile Association is seeking qualified Trailhead Kiosk Guest Services staff for the upcoming winter 22-23 season. Reporting to the FSA Executive Committee, our trailhead team serves as front-line ambassadors of our organization and play an integral role in revenue collections and trail user services.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, and experience in front-line customer service and cash handling. Knowledge of the regional snowmobile community amenities and trail network is an asset but not required. Please note that the work sites are located on generally well-maintained winter resource roads – applicants must have a reliable means of getting to and from work under winter driving conditions. A car with good winter tires is suitable, 4×4 is preferred but not required. The workplace is a heated, secure kiosk booth with an outhouse washroom facility available.
This winter seasonal position requires a flexible shift pattern and hours, including weekends and holidays. Hours will vary between 20– 40 hours per week. Shifts generally run 7:30 am -1 pm daily with the opportunity to choose your schedule with other team members ensuring 7-day-a-week coverage.
Wage (depending on experience and location)
· $16-$20 per hour at Coal Creek (5 minutes from Fernie)
· $25 per hour at Corbin (1 hour from Fernie or Crowsnest Pass, 45 minutes from Sparwood)
· Adhere to safe work procedures, standard operating procedures, and safety legislation
· Perform staging area inspections and basic facilities maintenance such as shovelling, salting, and sweeping.
· Report unusual conditions or concerns in a timely fashion
· Friendly, knowledgeable communications with trail users
· Handle cash transactions including the sale of trail passes and merchandise
· Check trail users for annual membership and day tickets at trailheads
· Complete daily transactions and statistical reports including timely reporting to FSA Administration
· Valid driver'slicense
· Ability to safely and reliable access worksite location on a backcountry road in winter conditions
· Ability to pass and maintain a clear criminal records check
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Proven work experience with cash handling and sales
· Experience with Google Workspace and ability to email reports to FSA Administration daily
· Knowledge or ability to learn about FSA trail network, facilities, and events
· Energetic, positive personality with demonstrated customer service orientation
· Ability to work in an isolated, outdoor work environment in variable weather and conditions
Please forward a letter of introduction and resume detailing your experience and qualifications to email@example.com.
HIRING NOW FOR WINTER 22/23. The work starts when the snow flies!APPLY NOW! • FSA TRAILHEAD KIOSK ATTENDANT • Fernie Snowmobile Association
Post Date: November 7, 2022 Deadline for Application: November 4, 2022