Your exciting new role is waiting for you at Rocky Mountaineer. Our world-renowned luxury train travels through Western Canada and the Canadian Rockies and the Colorado Rockies and American Southwest,
Salary is $26.00 an Hour. This position is based in our Vancouver head office. Scheduling you on a 4 day work week.
Joining our Guest Experience Centre team at Rocky Mountaineer means surrounding yourself with great people, achieving extraordinary outcomes and making life changing experiences not only for our guests but each other.
Join Our Team.
The Guest Experience Centre (GEC) Representative will report into the Team Lead, GEC.
The Guest Experience Centre is responsible for all guest inquiries and feedback during and after travel. This role is part of a team working in a high energy fast paced environment. GEC Representatives are problem solving champions, empowered to make decisions on behalf of the company. Further to assisting guests, this role is also a support service for other departments of the Rocky Mountaineer operation. The GEC representative role reports into GEC Team Lead.
Key Areas of Accountability
Customer Service & Partnering
• Provide assistance to in-travel and post-travel guests in person from field locations and virtually from office locations
• Attend to the Guest Experience Centre phone line and email
• Communicate with Travel Agents and Partners
• Review, investigate and resolve guest claims and complaints
• Support the achievement of KPI, Dashboard and NPS targets
• Provide support to internal teams (Onboard, Destinations, Sales and Product Operations teams)
• Communicate changes and information updates to the team
• Provide on-going feedback and comments to the leadership team
• Take part in creating a fun and healthy working environment
Rocky Mountaineer (RM) is committed to the safety and health of our team members through providing a safe working environment. As a federally regulated transportation organization, we have a duty to comply with all applicable legislative requirements.
Therefore, all individuals who will start working with RM on November 12, 2021 onwards, will be required to present proof of vaccination confirming they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning their employment. An individual is fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or their first dose of a one-dose approved vaccine by Health Canada. Offers of employment to start work with RM on or after November 12, 2021 will be conditional upon receipt of proof of the job candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Note: Reasonable accommodations will be considered if they comply with the medical or religious exemptions permitted by applicable federal legislation and ministerial orders.
Education / Certifications / Licenses
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency
• Post-Secondary education an asset (with related transferable skills)
• A minimum of one (1) year of experience in travel, tourism and/or hospitality
• Familiarity in world class guest experience and/or luxury brand an asset
• Experience with Microsoft Office and information management systems (e.g. Salesforce)
• Call centre experience an asset
• Ability to work in a high volume and high demand environment
• Ability to demonstrate excellent listening skills
• Ability to handle difficult scenarios and conversations in a calm, consistent and professional manner
• Excellent written communication skills including the ability to compose and format business letters using proper grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling
• Excellent verbal skills primarily via phone
• French/Mandarin language skills an asset
• Team Player
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and information management systems (e.g. Salesforce)
• Ability to make effective, creative, financially prudent decisions in resolving guest issues fulfilling the best interests of guests and the organization
• Ability to succeed in a pressured environment with multiple immediate items to action at a time
position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk
apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a
Rocky Mountaineer is
committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all
qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our
Post Date: June 15, 2022 Deadline for Application: June 27, 2022
1100 - 980 Howe Street
Our reason for working at Rocky Mountaineer is simple – to be the creators of life-changing experiences, not just for our guests, but also for our team members. Join us at Rocky Mountaineer and build your career alongside an incredibly talented global team of passionate, energetic, diverse, and fun individuals who have helped shape our Canadian success story and have positioned us as the world-renowned leader in luxury train travel.
National Geographic called a Rocky Mountaineer rail journey one of the ‘World’s Greatest Trips.’ We couldn’t agree more. Our secret to success? Our people. At the end of the day, our eight World Travel Awards mean nothing without the talented and diverse team of people who are entrepreneurial in spirit, passionate about service excellence and continually looking to raise the bar.