Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery — an independent, boutique hotel located in the heart of Surrey City and next to Surrey Central SkyTrain Station.
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the great city center’s icon.
Why Join Our Team?
Civic Hotel offers our team members a variety of benefits, including competitive wages, extended health and dental, generous hotel and food discounts at thousands of Marriott global properties, and the ability to advance your career through training and development opportunities! As a part of Century Group, career growth opportunities are available within other areas of hospitality and expand across a diverse group of companies and corporate divisions. Apply now to discover your next career move!
Reporting to the Front Desk Manager, the Guest Experience Supervisor will assist in the day to day function of the Front Office – Valet, Concierge Services, and Front Desk.
* Leads by example and supervises daily operations with shift rotational work at the Front Desk; assists with check-ins and check-outs at the front desk; while consistently maintaining high level of service.
* Proactive approach on guest comments / issues, ensuring these are handled in a timely and professional manner meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
* Helps achieve departmental goals and contributes ideas for better guest satisfaction, colleague relations and revenue enhancement by providing motivational leadership.
* Collaborates with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for check in.
* Handles guest requests using an electronic tool/ device to communicate with other departments as needed.
* Works in conjunction with hotel security officers to respond to disturbances in guest rooms, medical emergencies, undesirable guests and including overall safety and security throughout the hotel.
* Oversees all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management, acting upon urgent issues as required and reporting observations to the Director of Rooms.
* Ensures the lobby, front desk and all public areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
* Attends various meetings and hotel functions as relating to the Front Office function as required.
* Is able to work and assist in other areas within Room Division to cover as needed.
* Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
A degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Hospitality is preferred, with a minimum 2 years of previous supervisory or management capacity in the Front Office division of a boutique or luxury hotel setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Extensive knowledge of Front Office policies and procedures.
* Proficiency in computer applications such as but not limited to MS Office, Google applications, etc.
* Proficiency in Opera and Marriott Bonvoy an asset.
* Must have a flexible schedule and available to do overnight or front desk shift coverage.
Post Date: November 23, 2022 Deadline for Application: December 23, 2022
1665 56th Street
Century Group owns and operates the Coast Tsawwassen Inn and Browns Socialhouse both located in Tsawwassen. As well as the Civic Hotel, and Dominion Bar + Kitchen located in Surrey.