Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Guest Service Agent is responsible for operating the switchboard and bell services, greeting and welcoming all guests, and providing superior service for all arriving and in-house guests.
1. Provides customer service and handles administrative duties, such as the check-in and check-out of guests, handling guest concerns, assisting with arrivals and
departures of groups and tours, luggage storage and assist with reservations.
2. Acts as an ambassador for Coast, including greeting guests and handling basic inquiries.
3. Demonstrates a customer service attitude with internal / external contacts.
4. Handles cash, credit and debit card transactions in accordance with Hotel Policies.
5. Inputs data accurately into the appropriate database.
6. Reports discrepancies in room rates, payment information and credit arrangements to appropriate manager for follow up.
7. Verifies accuracy of daily inputs, including payment transactions, and submits daily shift audit for review by the night audit.
8. Liaise with all departments on a regular basis to ensure efficient and smooth services are provided.
9. Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
• Grade 12 graduation
• Minimum 1 year guest service experience preferably at the Front Desk in a busy hotel environment
• Diploma in Hospitality preferred or Hospitality industry courses in Hotel Management
• 1 year related work experience, Hospitality Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience an asset
Skills and Abilities
• Advanced communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Technical aptitude.
• Able to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends/holidays)
• Knowledge of reservation operating systems is an asset.
• Beginner level in the use of MS Office Suite.
• Professional appearance and attitude.
• Able to multi-task and demonstrates initiative.
• Industry-specific certification such as Front Desk Agent (i.e. emerit) is an asset.
• Bondable, must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Demonstrates the Coast Core Values at all times.
• Understands/speaks a second language is an asset.
Post Date: July 28, 2022 Deadline for Application: August 27, 2022
1665 56th Street
Century Group owns and operates the Coast Tsawwassen Inn and Browns Socialhouse both located in Tsawwassen. As well as the Civic Hotel, and Dominion Bar + Kitchen located in Surrey.