Heritage Interpreter Assistant
Full time, Seasonal
Looking for the best job ever? The Kilby Historic Site, in beautiful Harrison Mills, BC, is seeking an outgoing individual who has an interest in history, is a creative thinker, and enjoys working with children and adults.
Under the guidance of the Program Director, the Heritage Interpreter Assistant position will help to develop, coordinate, and present, public events and school programs.
The Kilby Historic Site is a vibrant designated provincial historic site operated by a charitable non-profit society in rural BC.
What you can look forward to:
• Dress from top to bottom in a supplied, 1910 period costume.
• Learn and then teach others (adults, seniors, bus tours, children) about the skills, crafts, and attitudes of people living in an early rural community.
• Working alongside the Program Director, develop and lead engaging historically-informed school and public programs.
• Welcome visitors into the magic of the original General Store and share information to connect them with the past.
• Explore and create different teaching methods to excite our visitors about history – puppet shows, baking, fence building, milking, etc.
• Care for all aspects of our collection through dusting, sweeping, and security.
• Socialize with all farm animals by helping with their feeding and general play.
What we are looking for in you:
• Outgoing personality with strong public speaking skills.
• Completion of at least one year of study in theatre, education, history, museum studies or a related program. Previous acting experience applauded.
• Proven experience working with children and youth.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Driver’s license not required but must possess a reliable means of transportation to/from work.
• Ability to pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check required.
Starting wage for this position is $18-21/ hour depending on experience. Weekend work is required during operating season. Start date: to be negotiated.
Apply by sending your resume by February 10, 2023 to the Human Resources Department, Kilby Historic Site, Fax: (604)796-9592 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Kilby Heritage Society is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.APPLY NOW! • HERITAGE PROGRAM ASSISTANT AND INTERPRETER • Kilby Historic Site
Post Date: January 24, 2023 Deadline for Application: February 10, 2023
Kilby Historic Site is a British Columbia provincial historic site located in the eastern Fraser Valley in Harrison Mills. The Fraser Heritage Society is a community based, charitable non-profit organization that operates the historic site and neighbouring Kilby Provincial Park. The heritage site consists of large 1906 General Store and farm; archival collections; educational programming; campground & boat launch; restaurant and gift shop.