Browns is an organization where we value the local community and are constantly seeking ways to connect to them. Our goal is to create a warm, welcoming, and social environment for the locals in our neighbourhood to come in and socialize with their friends.
At Browns we value integrity, team work, professionalism, an entrepreneurial spirit, and individual worth.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Host is responsible for providing guests with a greeting that will leave a warm, friendly, and prompt impression, seating guests comfortably as soon as possible, promoting menu or bar items and/or specials. They will also assist servers in maintaining a clean, attractive environment for guests.
1. Presents him/herself professionally, e.g. clean clothes, well groomed
2. Ensures guests are greeted warmly and promptly on arrival, thanks departing guests
3. Seats guests as comfortably and as soon as possible
4. Promotes specials with enthusiasm and confidence
5. Maximizes seating capacity and efficiency
6. Busses tables and assists servers
7. Professionally handles phone calls, including take out if applicable
8. Where required, follows approved cash handling procedures
9. Maintains cleanliness and safety standards in reception and other areas, keeps lobby area guest ready
10. As needed, other duties designated by the management team
11. Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM
Required Education & Experience
* Level 1 Foodsafe is an asset
* Serving it Right is an asset
* Previous experience in high volume restaurant will be considered an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Well groomed, smiles readily, good eye contact, friendly and polite, creates a great first impression
* Able to communicate well with wide variety of people, adapts tone, builds rapport
* Outgoing and confident, comfortable promoting items and services
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Team player, works productively with others
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative
* You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays
* Strong customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=99f4fc913a69b248e0a9e74a17aaf6f1APPLY NOW! • HOST (CASUAL) – BROWNS SOCIALHOUSE-DF288 • Century Group
Post Date: September 22, 2022 Deadline for Application: October 21, 2022
1665 56th Street
Century Group owns and operates the Coast Tsawwassen Inn and Browns Socialhouse both located in Tsawwassen. As well as the Civic Hotel, and Dominion Bar + Kitchen located in Surrey.