Middle Beach Lodge is looking for a Housekeeping Manager to join our Leadership Team! As a Housekeeping Manager you will provide supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the lodge to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
The Housekeeping Manager will help train and support a team of anywhere from 10-20 staff depending on the season! A keen attention to detail and proven ability to problem solve are required.
The Housekeeping Manager reports to the Lodge Manager, Assistant Lodge Manager, and works closely with the Front Desk Manager.
What We Offer:
- Subsidized or complimentary staff accommodation.
- Departure Bonus upon successful completion of your contract (depending on housing).
- Monthly staff lunches.
- Weekly free yoga.
- Annual staff parties and camping trips.
- Staff softball team (games throughout the summer season!).
- Extended medical.
- On-site fitness facility.
- Employee assistance program.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with running the morning meeting, organizing the teams and room assignments for the day and lead the day.
- Lead and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure service, safety and sanitation standards are followed.
- Hire new housekeeping staff as needed.
- Post department schedule in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff are working efficiently to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Complete thorough room checks for arrival units before signing off on them as clean. Ensure all necessary amenities are present and that the unit is spotless, free of maintenance issues and well presented.
- Report necessary maintenance items and ensure they are addressed and completed prior to check-in.
- Conduct supply inventories and audits and ordering items as needed.
- Supervise and assist in additional projects as required.
- Complete daily pass over reports as requested.
- Assist with laundry, room stripping, and other duties as required.
- Liaise with Front Desk and ensure thorough communication of room statuses.
- Perform various cleaning duties in instances of staff shortages (ie- when staff are sick or on vacation, etc.).
- Promote a positive team environment with a focus on communication, cooperation and respect.
- Recommend promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Provide disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience as a housekeeping supervisor or similar role is preferred.
- WHMIS certified.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Coaching, training, and conflict resolution skills required.
- Ability to calmly work under pressure with tight deadlines and continuously shifting priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
The candidate must be willing to sign a one year contract and must be available to work days and weekends based on business needs. Subsidized private suite available upon request. We are seeking a long-term employee who is looking to grow within the company. If you believe you are the right candidate please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.APPLY NOW! • HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER • Middle Beach Lodge
Post Date: January 11, 2023 Deadline for Application: January 31, 2023
400 Mackenzie Beach Rd
Spectacularly perched on 40 acres of secluded West Coast oceanfront, Middle Beach Lodge features almost a mile of private beach, rugged headlands, two magnificent lodges, and twenty rustic self-contained cabins. This tranquil, natural domain offers the perfect sanctuary for those seeking a quiet retreat to restore spirits, a getaway to rekindle romance, or a wilderness adventure to strengthen family ties. It is the perfect setting for enjoying the super natural beauty of British Columbia and for getting away from it all.