Business Name: Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites Victoria
Title: housekeeping supervisor
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time (30-40 hr/week)
Wage: $25.50 per hour
Language of work: English
Work Location: Victoria, BC
Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites Victoria is now hiring for a full-time 25.50 per hour. This is a great opportunity to work in a reputable hotel in a friendly, team-oriented work environment. The Housekeeping Executive position is a key part of the overall success and maintenance of Howard Johnson. Overseeing the hotel cleaning staff and ensuring hotel cleaning duties are carried out will allow our guests to have a clean and home-away-from-home experience while staying at the hotel. It is very important that the individual possesses a strong organization, with an ability to be adaptable and pay close attention to detail. We are proud of our strong reputation of great customer service.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• To guide, organize, develop and engage the entire Housekeeping team
• To ensure clean, superior guest rooms & public areas; efficient operation of the in-house laundry facilities.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
• Acts as a steward of the departmental resources and assets, operating with effective controls, processes and procedures.
• Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
• Prepare budget and receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
• Contribute to the overall success of the hotel through strong business acumen, a passion for service excellence and a commitment to creating an exceptional employee experience.
• To ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are being met at all times.
• Provide a high standard of customer service by efficiently and accurately dealing with all guests.
• Upholds the core values of the Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites Victoria
• Completion of secondary school
• 2 years of experience of in a particular area of cleaning
• 2 years of experience as a Supervisor or Senior Associate
• First aid and CPR qualification are beneficial
• Excellent knowledge of commercial cleaning products, chemicals and solutions
• Friendly and professional with guests
• Ability to work independently for long periods of time yet still willing and able to be part of a team
• Physical requirements
o able to lift 10 lbs repeatedly throughout the day
o bend, stand, reach for extended periods of time, extensively throughout the day
o push cart weighing 50 lbs several times throughout the day
• Excellent customer service
Contact information/how to apply:
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.APPLY NOW! • HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR • Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites Victoria
Post Date: September 16, 2022
4670 Elk Lake Dr
Located in Victoria, Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites Victoria specializes in providing travelers access to the lowest prices and hotel choices that fit their needs best. We are one of the fastest-growing travel sites in the industry.
We offer the widest variety of hotels at the lowest possible rates, we supply all the information you need to make the best informed decision. By offering a variety of different search options, and our own unique collection of hotel video’s we make it quick, easy and fun to find the hotel that’s just right for you.
We believe in providing travelers from around the world an easy, efficient and economical way to make hotel bookings online. Our dedication to customer service and hassle-free booking methods can be seen in every aspect of our unique website. From our easy-to-navigate format to our unrivaled rates, customers receive the very best