Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery — an independent, boutique hotel located in the heart of Surrey City and next to Surrey Central SkyTrain Station
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the great city center’s icon.
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Supervisor will assist in the day to day function of all areas within the Housekeeping Department – Room Attendants, House persons, Laundry Attendants.
1. Leads by example and supervises daily operations of the Housekeeping Department; assists within any areas that need extra help to complete tasks; while consistently maintaining high level of cleanliness and guest service.
2. Handles or assists with guest comments, concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner, ensuring guest needs are met.
3. Helps achieve departmental goals and contributes ideas for best results, building relationships with co-workers by providing motivational leadership.
4. Work together with the Front Office to ensure pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for guest arrival.
5. Works in conjunction with all departments of the hotel.
6. Ensures the lobby, back of house, guest rooms and all public areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
7. Attends various Housekeeping meetings and hotel functions as required.
8. Is able to work in other areas within the Housekeeping Department covering as needed.
9. Performs all assigned duties and tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures including room cleaning when needed.
10. Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
11. Ensures that all irregularities, potential and real hazards are identified and reported immediately.
12. Reports for duty punctually wearing complete uniform at all times.
13. Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Education and Experience
A minimum 2 years of previous supervisory or management experience in the Housekeeping Department of a boutique or luxury hotel.
Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping policies and procedures.
• Ability in computer applications such as but not limited to MS Office, Google applications, etc.
• An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
• Proficiency in Opera is an asset.
• Ability to use communication devices.
• Must have a flexible schedule.
Post Date: June 4, 2022 Deadline for Application: July 3, 2022
13475 Central Avenue
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of Surrey City Centre.
Civic Hotel opens in Surrey City Centre early 2018. Charmingly social and authentically local, the Civic brilliantly embodies the city’s vision for a sophisticated, welcoming social and business hub.
The Civic delivers a striking message upon arrival – this hotel is comfortable on the cutting edge.
Effortlessly inviting, the mood spills out – to modern rooms, richly comfortable and well-considered, to service rooted in Surrey’s storied history, to the Plaza with its anything’s possible purview and lively local art.
With 144 boutique guest rooms, state-of-the-art conference and meeting space, and varied amenities, this Marriott Autograph Collection hotel is refreshingly cosmopolitan and classy.
The Civic welcomes business within a climate of collaboration; a diverse mosaic of locals and visitors gather to define innovation. Civic is social.
On SkyTrain, and on the Plaza, Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing, interconnected metropolis.