Owned and operated by Century Group, Coast Tsawwassen Inn is a premium, all-suite hotel, offering 90 comfortable and spacious guest rooms, banquet and event spaces, and fitness room. , Recently modernized, Coast Tsawwassen Inn is designed to enhance guest stays, upgrade the quality of business meetings, and authentically connect with the Tsawwassen community — truly reflecting our commitment to ‘Refreshingly Local’.
Consistently rated #1 in guest satisfaction and rated one of the finest hotels available within Coast Hotels.
Please apply in person, by email (Careers@CenturyGroup.ca), or by applying on our company website!
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Supervisor will assist in the day to day function of all areas within the Housekeeping Department.
1. Utilize the Alice System by assigning the team with assignment sheets, communicate with Front Desk, Maintenance requests and update the system when assignments are completed as required.
2. In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, you will be responsible for the weekly schedule of staff and perform the monthly inventory of the housekeeping supplies, cleaning products and linens.
3. Responsible for training the housekeeping staff in all aspects of the role and emphasizing the importance of following our cleaning standards and guidelines.
4. In collaboration with the Executive Housekeeper monitor and ensure accurate documentation from the team as required.
5. Leads by example and supervises daily operations of the Housekeeping Department; assists within any areas that need extra help to complete tasks; while consistently maintaining a high level of cleanliness and guest service.
6. Handles or assists with guest comments, concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner, ensuring guest needs are met.
7. Helps achieve departmental goals and contributes ideas for best results, building relationships with co-workers by providing motivational leadership.
8. Work together with the Front Office to ensure pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for guest arrival.
9. Works in conjunction with all departments of the hotel.
10. Ensures the lobby, back of house, guest rooms and all public areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
11. Attends various Housekeeping meetings and hotel functions as required.
12. Is able to work in other areas within the Housekeeping Department covering as needed.
13. Performs all assigned duties and tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
14. Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
15. Ensures that all irregularities, potential and real hazards are identified and reported immediately.
16. Reports for duty punctually wearing complete uniform at all times.
17. Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, flexible work schedules, hotel discounts, staff meals, training & development, career advancement opportunities & more!
Education and Experience
A minimum 2 years of previous in depth experience working in an housekeeping department with demonstrated supervisory skills.
Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping policies and procedures.
• Ability in computer applications such as but not limited to Google applications such as Google Docs/Sheets, etc.
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
• Ability to use communication devices.
• Must have a flexible schedule.
Post Date: November 14, 2022 Deadline for Application: October 9, 2022
1665 56th Street
Century Group owns and operates the Coast Tsawwassen Inn and Browns Socialhouse both located in Tsawwassen. As well as the Civic Hotel, and Dominion Bar + Kitchen located in Surrey.