Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week), Seasonal contract or year-round
Wage: $19-$22 per hour
Perks: room and board (accommodation/staff room and meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner, coffee, tea (no pop, alcoholic beverages or chunk food) $500-$650/month (prorated for 2 weeks deducted from pay cheque). 50% of room and board paid back as a bonus if you stay for the agreed term. Fuel or Travel subsidy.
Northern Tax Allowance (Canada Gov.), staff have opportunities to join one of our premier floatplane tours
50 % of room and board refunded as a credit after completion of contract
Why work for us
Work for the largest and most impressive lodge on the Alaska Highway and Muncho Lake Provincial Park located in the heart of British Columbia’s largest protected area, the Muskwa-Kechika. Our floatplane operation welcomes fishing & tour guests from around the world who come to our lodge to experience the best wilderness gateway in Canada’s North.
About this job
We are looking for housekeepers who can keep our lodge clean and organized to world-class four-star hotel standards. It is not only paramount that you are thorough in your housekeeping duties but also efficient.
· Clean hotel, motel, and cabins as well as restaurant/kitchen and common areas to our high cleanliness standard
· Maintain campground and public washrooms
· Keep property and buildings tidy
· Laundry duties
· Note discrepancies and damage in rooms and notify maintenance personnel
· Communicate with front desk in early check-ins and late check-outs and inform of room closures
· High attention to detail
· Enjoys cleaning and seeing organized spaces
· Must be physically able to repeatedly climb and descend stairs carrying 40 pounds
· Time allowance for rooms is: 30 minutes for departing guests/room, 15 minutes for stay over guests/room
· Previous experience as a housekeeper
· Bonus: Worked before in the hotel industry in positions such as a waiter/waitress, dishwasher or front desk
Apply through our online application form at www.nrlodge.com/employment
1-2 years experience in hospitality trade.
please fill out our application form
www.northernrockieslodge.com/employmentAPPLY NOW! • HOUSKEEPER • Northern Rockies Lodge
Post Date: July 23, 2022
Mile 462 Alaska Highway, Box 8
Hotel, Motel and cabin accommodation in the center of Muncho Lake Provincial Park are the most modern in the Muncho Lake/Toad River and Liard River Hotsprings region. The Northern Rockies Lodge is located halfway between Watson Lake and Fort Nelson, a convenient days drive from either Whitehorse and Fort St. John/ Dawson Creek and Grande Prairie. The Northern Rockies Lodge is located in the midst of the northernmost peaks of the Rocky Mountains with floatplane access to the surrounding Muskwa/Kechika Wilderness area... we invite you to join us for outdoor adventure in Super, Natural British Columbia!