Would you like to work for one of Victoria’s top independent hotels? Hotel Grand Pacific is recruiting an Inventory Coordinator to join our team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the chosen candidate will be responsible for purchasing, receiving, and inventory management. If you’re looking for varied responsibilities and a professional, supportive work environment, we welcome your application.
Hours: Monday to Friday, with a 7 a.m. start
Description of Duties:
· Work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions and trends
· Obtain competitive quotations and research new products and services for the hotel
· Ensure that supplier’s current price lists and purchase prices are maintained
· Responsible for all Receiving for the hotel, including food orders
· Assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel
· Implement and ensure execution of sound purchasing, receiving and inventory control policies, systems, and procedures in accordance with Company standards
· Maintain logical storeroom inventory levels, approve all requests for storeroom items, and ensure all pending orders are regularly checked and verified
· Enter invoices into the accounting system and book them to the proper G/L accounts
· Other duties as assigned by the Financial Controller.
Why Choose Us?
· Base salary and excellent extended health benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program.)
· RRSP Matching program available when eligible
· Complimentary onsite parking/bike storage
· Discounted gym membership
· Excellent employee meal program
· Food discounts in both our Café and Pacific Restaurant
· Friends and family hotel rate
· Employee discount also available at other Preferred Hotels
· Other industry discounts
· Employee recognition & referral program
· Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party
· We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team.
· Diploma in business studies or purchasing and supply preferred
· Good knowledge of MS Office applications
· Working knowledge of AccPac or a similar accounting platform an asset
· Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Food Safe Certificate required
· Excellent time management skills & ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
· Exceptional negotiation and closing skills
· Proven strategic planning and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to evaluate legal and business risks and ramifications of proposed contractual terms.
We thank all applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work in Canada.
Two professional references required prior to an offer being madeAPPLY NOW! • INVENTORY COORDINATOR • Hotel Grand Pacific
Post Date: August 5, 2022 Deadline for Application: July 29, 2022
463 Belleville St
The Hotel Grand Pacific is a modern building with an enviable address on Victoria's Inner Harbour. Named as one of the Top City Hotels in Canada in Travel + Leisure's Worlds Best Awards 2014, we have a reputation for superb service, fueled by hand-picked professionals. The website will tell you a lot more; join us for a virtual tour at www.hotelgrandpacific.com