Bell 2 Lodge/Last Frontier Heliskiing Ltd. is currently looking for an individual to fill the Junior Sous Chef position.
Please note this position requires a commitment from now until mid April, which includes our Heliskiing season.
The Junior Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in all aspects of running the kitchen, including menu planning, staff development and training, inventory, and ordering. The highest quality of cuisine, guest satisfaction, and cost efficiency must be always maintained to the utmost standards. A solid work ethic, positive attitude and flexible approach are essential for success in this position. Reporting to the Head Chef, tasks are but not limited to:
· Menu planning in collaboration with Head Chef and Sous Chef
· Ensure consistent food preparation and presentation of the highest caliber for all meals for up to eighty people a day
· Menu execution includes sandwiches, soup and baked goods for the cafe.
· Preparing staff meals
· Dishwashing & kitchen cleaning
· Reception and organization of food delivery
· Experience with ordering and inventory of food products for a cost effective operation
· Ability to cater to all guest allergies and dietary restrictions with in-depth product knowledge
· Demonstrate excellent time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Use passion and creativity for menu creation to showcase consistently vibrant and exciting dishes
· Ability to communicate effectively with guests, management and co-workers.
· A friendly personality with a genuine desire to help and please others.
· Great attention to detail.
· A professional manner and a positive approach to hectic situations.
Accommodation and meals are provided for all employees. Shifts are three weeks on and one week off working ten hours per day. Given our remote location all communications are via-satellite phone and 3 hours of basic internet is provided. Transfers to and from Terrace on weeks out are available, however being mobile is a huge plus to be able to explore the area and make the best of your time off. With its proximity to the mountains, lakes and rivers, Bell 2 Lodge is an exciting place for outdoor enthusiasts throughout the entire year.
If you have a passion for the outdoors, happy to put a smile on people’s faces and contribute positively to a team we look forward to hearing from you!
Preferred Skills and Core Competencies:
· Must have early morning personality.
· Must have 3 years experience in a similar role.
· Must have Food Safe
· Ability to do some heavy lifting.
· Previous experience working in a remote camp environment is an asset
· All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada
Please submit your application to: email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • JUNIOR SOUS CHEF • Last Frontier Heliskiing
Post Date: July 29, 2022 Deadline for Application: August 15, 2022
PO Box 1237
the largest single heli-ski area on the planet - over 10,100 square km
3 groups of just 4 guests per helicopter
located in northern British Columbia on the border with Alaska
2 bases of operation - Bell 2 Lodge and Ripley Creek Inn
4, 5, 7 and 10 day tours offering you the ultimate in flexibility
massive snowfalls = epic conditions
unrivalled terrain - that means world class tree skiing and huge alpine terrain