Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery — an independent, boutique hotel located in the heart of Surrey City and next to Surrey Central SkyTrain Station.
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the great city center’s icon.
Why Join Our Team?
Civic Hotel offers our team members a variety of benefits, including competitive wages, extended health and dental, generous hotel and food discounts at thousands of Marriott global properties, and the ability to advance your career through training and development opportunities! As a part of Century Group, career growth opportunities are available within other areas of hospitality and expand across a diverse group of companies and corporate divisions. Apply now to discover your next career move!
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Laundry Attendant will be responsible for all operations within the laundry department.
1. Sort soiled linen and terry.
2. Operate washing, drying and folding equipment, loading and unloading laundry from machines.
3. Ensure that all chemical dispensing equipment is working properly and chemicals are replaced when needed.
4. Monitor information on washer, making sure all drums are full and correct cycle is selected for each load.
5. Set proper drying and cooling times for each type of linen or terry loaded in dryer. Clean lint screen at end of day.
6. Load folding machine or fold linen manually.
7. Placing folded items onto storage shelves.
8. Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
9. Record all dry cleaning going out and returning.
10. Keep uniform storage in order.
11. Performs all assigned duties and tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
12. Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
13. Ensures that all irregularities, potential and real hazards are identified and reported immediately.
14. Reports for duty punctually wearing complete uniform at all times.
15. Performs any other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience
A minimum of 1 year Laundry Attendant experience in a Hotel.
Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of the use of chemicals and different formulas and the effects on various types of linen.
* An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
* Ability to stand for long periods of time with continually having to bend, lift, push and pull heavy loads
* Ability to prioritize and organize work.
* Energetic, highly motivated and willing to learn to develop new skills.
* Must be able to work alone or in a group and have a flexible schedule
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=f57e5a8e954f24b4ff53f333d1c0dd23APPLY NOW! • LAUNDRY ATTENDANT (FULL-TIME) – CIVIC HOTEL – DF327 • Civic Hotel
Post Date: September 21, 2022 Deadline for Application: October 21, 2022
13475 Central Avenue
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of Surrey City Centre.
Civic Hotel opens in Surrey City Centre early 2018. Charmingly social and authentically local, the Civic brilliantly embodies the city’s vision for a sophisticated, welcoming social and business hub.
The Civic delivers a striking message upon arrival – this hotel is comfortable on the cutting edge.
Effortlessly inviting, the mood spills out – to modern rooms, richly comfortable and well-considered, to service rooted in Surrey’s storied history, to the Plaza with its anything’s possible purview and lively local art.
With 144 boutique guest rooms, state-of-the-art conference and meeting space, and varied amenities, this Marriott Autograph Collection hotel is refreshingly cosmopolitan and classy.
The Civic welcomes business within a climate of collaboration; a diverse mosaic of locals and visitors gather to define innovation. Civic is social.
On SkyTrain, and on the Plaza, Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing, interconnected metropolis.