Your exciting new role is waiting for you onboard the Rocky Mountaineer. Our world-renowned luxury train travels from Vancouver through Kamloops to Lake Louise/Banff as well as to Jasper, Alberta.
Joining our Onboard team at Rocky Mountaineer means surrounding yourself with great people, achieving extraordinary outcomes and making life changing experiences not only for our guests but each other.
Join Our Team.
Reporting to the Lead Cook, the Line Cook position is responsible preparing food and delivering culinary excellence to onboard guests and contributing to the creation of life changing experiences
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive. This position requires the incumbent to periodically access an active railway area where impaired performance could result in a significant incident affecting the health and safety of team members, guests, team members, the public, property, or the environment.
Key Areas of Accountability
Food Preparation and daily duties
• Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare dishes following Rocky Mountaineer’s pre-established recipes and menu
• Cook menu items using various cooking methods and within service timing restrictions
• Have a strong understanding of allergies and special dietaries requirements to help accommodate our guests
• Follow directions while assisting in all aspects of line cooking, plating, and preparation of food
Collaboratively work in a team environment
• Able to adapt if required to work in multiple railcars with varying teams over a 4 or 6-day trip
• Help your team members as required and communicate with Lead Cook regarding inventory, cleanliness, safety, and equipment maintenance
• Able to adapt to a small kitchen galley environment
• Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Maintain Health and Safety Standards
• Handle ingredients correctly and follow food safety regulations about temperatures and cross- contamination
• Practice proper hand-washing technique and use gloves correctly when required to wear them
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitization of all kitchen equipment and workstation areas
• Personal hygiene is of the utmost importance
• Report safety issues to your supervisor in a timely manner
• Comply with railway safety standards
• High school diploma or GED
• BC Food Safe certified preferred
• Fluency in English language
• 1-2 years’ experience as a line cook, restaurant cook or prep cook
• Ability and passion to make delicious and well-presented food
• Strong organizational skills
• Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Maintains a professional and polished appearance
• Energetic, motivated, hardworking, and committed to delivering culinary excellence
• Demonstrates a professional, self-motivated, and accountable work ethic
• Comfortable engaging and interacting with guests
• Ability to work extended hours while travelling
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Able to travel away from home base for up to 6 days at a time
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada thru the end of October
• Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
Post Date: January 23, 2023 Deadline for Application: March 1, 2023
1100 - 980 Howe Street
Our reason for working at Rocky Mountaineer is simple – to be the creators of life-changing experiences, not just for our guests, but also for our team members. Join us at Rocky Mountaineer and build your career alongside an incredibly talented global team of passionate, energetic, diverse, and fun individuals who have helped shape our Canadian success story and have positioned us as the world-renowned leader in luxury train travel.
National Geographic called a Rocky Mountaineer rail journey one of the ‘World’s Greatest Trips.’ We couldn’t agree more. Our secret to success? Our people. At the end of the day, our eight World Travel Awards mean nothing without the talented and diverse team of people who are entrepreneurial in spirit, passionate about service excellence and continually looking to raise the bar.