Do you love to tinker with things? Do you work on your bike before and after riding? Always taking stuff apart, fixing it and putting it back together? We are looking to hire a Maintenance Manager for our gorgeous slope-side hotel property! You will have oversight of all Hotel Maintenance, including The Residences while leading your team of maintenance technicians. You will deliver on scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requirements for all property components while enjoying flexible shifts and the perks of living in a resort. Start your application today to work, live and play where you belong.
· Ensure all daily rounds and checks of all building systems are being completed and recorded accordingly
o AM/PM pool/hot tub tests are maintained as per Interior Health regulations
o Daily Mechanical Rounds are completed, and any issues are being addressed in real-time
· Ensure scheduling of staff provides 7 days a week coverage
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of all mechanical system locations and what they are used for, including all related reliable controls
· Oversee preventative maintenance on schedule for all common areas, guest rooms, and back-of-house areas
o Ensure all components of preventative maintenance for Rooms, Washrooms, and Public Areas are completed
o Ensure accurate records on tracking sheets are maintained and up to date
· Oversee the completion of work orders for ongoing building maintenance utilizing the Hotel Expert program
o Ensure completion of open tickets according to established timelines
o Communicate effectively when tickets need to be moved to Project and Rooms need to be put Out of Order.
· Ensure all fire systems are inspected yearly, and any repairs are executed promptly. Responsible for the annual/seasonal fire drills and preparation.
· Develop and maintain a complete understanding of all sprinkler shut-off locations.
· Follow the planned/unplanned Power Outage Procedures.
· Complete yearly operating and capital budgets while working closely with the Group Facilities Operations Manager and working within the approved budget. Reporting monthly to the GFOM on all financials.
· Keep all records up to date; work orders, purchase orders, training records, and any other records as required.
· Continue to always look for improvements within the organization and outside. IE: contractors, streamline maintenance.
· All other duties as required to ensure the successful operation of the maintenance department.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative and a collaborative approach to delivering our guests' finest mountain resort experience. We value innovation and development that contribute to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in a resort and the mountain’s summer and winter activities.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits our Full-Time employees enjoy:
Post Date: June 10, 2022 Deadline for Application: July 22, 2022
3240 Village Way
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
Celebrating 20+ year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018. Building on its success to date, this year will be another important phase in our growth strategy for both the hotel as well as the resort under common ownership, and an exciting time for the right individual to join the team.