Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete building maintenance, repairs and renovations at the Emerald Lake Lodge, clubhouse, cabins, grounds and Staff Residence and other outbuildings
• Perform building maintenance which may include drywall repairs, painting, carpentry, tiling and grouting, sealing, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, furniture repairs, grounds keeping and other tasks.
• Perform grounds keeping maintenance and snow-removal by hand or with use of machinery
• Safely operate equipment and machinery such as a snow blower, front-end loader, forklift, table saw, power tools, etc.
• Perform shipping and receiving duties as required such as unloading wood deliveries, laundry deliveries, food deliveries, returning empty bottles, etc.
• Transport garbage and recycling from the lodge and other buildings to the main waste and recycling receptacles
• Perform security checks and respond to noise/disturbance complaints in guest rooms
• Perform maintenance in guest rooms as required (smoke detector alarming, fixing plumbing problems, addressing heating problems, replacing burnt out lightbulbs, etc.)
• Perform and record property and system checks (sewage treatment plant, generators, hot tub, water treatment systems, lift stations, vehicles, machinery, and other maintenance systems).
• Safely and competently fill chemical containers (hot tub chemicals, chemicals in the sewage plant, fueling vehicles, etc.)
• Record daily tasks in a journal
• Perform all tasks with safety in mind, wear appropriate PPE for the task at hand and ensure you are aware of all hazards and risks associated with the work to be performed and the hazards and risks have been mitigated through knowledge, training and controls
· Work safely and request assistance if required but carry out all tasks in a timely fashion
· Perform routine safety system checks (fire extinguisher, fire doors, etc.)
· Participate in routine safety meetings and other meetings requested by management
• Maintain a clean and organized workshop and other work areas
· Use the time clock to sign in at the beginning of your shift and clock out at the end.
· Perform other duties that may be assigned by the maintenance manager
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Basic carpentry, drywall repair and painting experience is required
• Skills in electrical, plumbing or tiling is desirable
• Must be able to perform basic maintenance and be able to troubleshoot problems
• Must work safely, and uphold a high standard for safety for self and others
• Must be able to learn how to operate firefighting equipment (extinguisher, hose, etc.)
• Must be able to learn how to safely work with chemicals (hot tub chlorine, etc.)
• Must be able to learn how to safely use power tools, equipment and machinery
• Must be able to perform outside work in all weather conditions
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be physically able to climb a ladder when required
• Physical demands include standing, bending, lifting (up to 80 pounds) and other positions
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • MAINTENANCE WORKER • Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts
Post Date: June 23, 2022 Deadline for Application: June 30, 2022
PO Box 1326
Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts (CRMR) is an innovative family company dedicated to providing world-class dining, hospitality and service to visitors from around the world.
Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts (CRMR) is a family-owned company that has been in the tourism industry since 1986 when they first opened Emerald Lake Lodge. CRMR consists of three upscale boutique lodges - Buffalo Mountain Lodge, Emerald Lake Lodge and Deer Lodge - Two unique contemporary restaurants - Cilantro, and The Lake House - located in Calgary, a wine store called Bin 905, a game ranch called Canadian Rocky Mountain Ranch (CRM Ranch) as well as a state of the art laundry facility and delicious bakery.
Our lodges offer beautiful and unique accommodations in breathtaking surroundings. We offer a retreat to nature, serenity and relaxation to help the weary traveller leave the pressures of a busy world behind. We are surrounded by the towering peaks of the Canadian Rockies and our guests and staff enjoy outdoor adventures like skiing, canoeing, whitewater rafting and mountaineering.