To apply for this job at JOEY SHIPYARDS, download the free mPloy app (iOS or Android) either directly from the Apple Store or Google Play or click on the link to the mPloy website.
The Manager In-Training program at JOEY Shipyards is designed for a driven individual who is passionate about building their career in the hospitality industry. This program will allow you to build on your supervisory experience, coaching skills, passion for hospitality and business acumen, all while preparing to manage a multi-million dollar business.
Our goal with the program is to develop future leaders who will gain new skills and knowledge in management, leadership and business operations. The length of the program is dependent on the individuals experience and ability to learn new concepts.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership Development – We think leadership is more than a word; it’s a way of being. This role plays a key function in supporting the organization and the operations team in ensuring that we continue to develop highly talented leaders who are fully prepared to take the next step in their career. We have a strong company culture and promote our leaders from within.
• Train and mentor up and coming leaders by utilizing your external leadership experience.
• Build an influential presence in our restaurants which fosters growth, learning and development.
Peak Performance – We are a high performance organization that values success and rewards accomplishment. We believe in rewarding those who perform and supporting people to be their best. We commit that our partners receive the skills, knowledge and support they need to grow, build a long-term career, and that they are empowered to discover and unleash their full potential.
• Ensure that each partner knows where they stand, has a clear development plan, and the resources to deliver on the plan.
• Identification of performance needs and trends in the restaurant and takes action accordingly.
• Works closely with culinary leadership to support performance elevation within the restaurant.
Culture – We have a culture that is stronger than most companies could dream. Our Company Charter is more than words on a wall. It outlines our guiding principles that are felt throughout the organization every day. Our people ooze passion, are competitive, team focused and love to have fun.
• Accountable for ensuring that culture is strong and consistent throughout the entire Front of House team.
• Coaches and delivers training to strengthen culture with new and existing team members.
• Works closely with leadership in-store and throughout the organization to ensure desired culture is reinforced.
Profits and Planning – We develop our leaders into business people who are given the tools and resources needed to grow the bottom line and make timely decisions that impact the overall business.
• Responsible for managing a multi-million dollar restaurant.
• Ensures that all profit plans are executed and managed accordingly.
• Ensure proper control and management of Inventory.
• Works closely with Culinary leadership to support profit performance within the restaurant.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has been in a junior management role for 1-2 years and is now looking for the next step in their career.
You'll be informed when you are placed on a Shortlist and selected for an Advanced Interview with JOEY Shipyards.
Well suited for this job? mPloy will have your application on the mobile phone of the hiring manager within hours! No more resumes sitting on desks for days and weeks.APPLY NOW! • MANAGER / SHIFT LEADER @ JOEY SHIPYARDS (MPLOY) • mPloy Solutions Inc.
Post Date: September 21, 2021 Deadline for Application: October 7, 2021
mPloy is redefining the way workers in the food & beverage industry find employment. We match quality, experienced candidates with job opportunities that fit your defined skills, experience and personality. Simply set up your profile once on mPloy and apply for the jobs that interest you.
We'll notify you if you are selected for an Advanced Interview. Then get ready for work!