Reporting to the General Manager, the Temporary Marketing Coordinator (6-month contract) creates and executes property-level communications to our guests. In conjunction with both brand and ownership Marketing and Communications teams, this role promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel, driving consumer awareness and preference, and increasing market share.
1. Actively participates and supports to promote on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel.
2. Verifies all advertising for the hotel in digital channels is in alignment with brand voice.
3. Builds direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels.
4. Verify all local, social, and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts of the organization.
5. Balances traditional and digital marketing and eCommerce activities to contribute to public relations (PR) activities for the hotel.
6. Manages photography and videography sessions for seasonal promotions & supports the co-ordination of photography and videography for advertising, collateral and public relations.
7. Facilitates and updates content in local digital channels (e.g., hotel website, travel sites).
8. Coordinates the execution of hotel sponsored events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
9. Assists in the production of all property, F&B display, and temporary signage in hotel public areas.
Education and Experience
* Diploma or degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related area preferred.
* Two years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional areas; hospitality marketing or digital advertising experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
* Creative thinker with the ability to identify potential promotional opportunities.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Advanced computer skills, experience with Google workspace.
* Professional appearance and attitude.
* Demonstrates a superior customer service attitude with internal and external contacts.
* Independent, self-starter, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks & competing priorities.
Post Date: January 14, 2022 Deadline for Application: February 14, 2022
1665 56th Street
Century Group owns and operates the Coast Tsawwassen Inn and Browns Socialhouse both located in Tsawwassen. As well as the Civic Hotel, and Dominion Bar + Kitchen located in Surrey.